• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ohio Comic Con, still a 3 day con, Sept 20-22, 2013

51 posts in this topic

my wife and i are going to the ohio one this year. we have never been to a comicon before.

Wear comfy shoes, bring water and snacks, prepare to spend money and smell body odour!

:o

I just decided not to sell at this Wizard Columbus Ohio show and instead set-up at Project Comic Con in St Louis the same weekend.

Show promoters in Ohio need to learn not to stack shows so close together.

Starting Sept 6-8 you can attend Cincy Comicon, cant make that don't worry the next weekend Sept 13-15 is Cincinnati Comic Expo.

Maybe if you still have some money head 90 miles up the road to Columbus for Wizard Mid-Ohio Sept 20-22.

Now after 3 straight weekends of big shows then nothing for probably another 12 months when maybe they try it again.

I will say I spoke with promoter of Cincy Comicon back in June when I was at Derby Con in Louisville. He claims he set his date first then Cincinnati Comic Expo picked the next weekend. My reply was maybe so but he knows Andrew (Buck Biggins) had done 3 annual fall shows. If he wants to run a show it would make sense to do a spring show, just a terrible business decision.

I sold at Andrews Cincinnati Comic Expo last year and had a great time with good sales. Really well done by Andrew and I would have set-up again this year except the Nashville show by our 3 amigos KOR, Tupenny and Lookwhoitis is the same weekend and that is practically in my backyard.

Leroy

Starting Sept 6-8 you can attend Cincy Comicon, cant make that don't worry the next weekend Sept 13-15 is Cincinnati Comic Expo.

Maybe if you still have some money head 90 miles up the road to Columbus for Wizard Mid-Ohio Sept 20-22.

Now after 3 straight weekends of big shows then nothing for probably another 12 months when maybe they try it again.

Then a week after Ohio Comic Con is Pittsburgh Comic Con. Damn, I could attend a show every week in September if I wanted to break the bank.

Free hugs at the Hotflips both!

My Father will be with me, I think everyone knows that he is far from the hugging type

One of the Hotflips' guys mom was really nice to me at Chicago. I didn't realize they had two booths and she worked with me even though my brain was not processing very quickly.

Free hugs at the Hotflips both!

My Father will be with me, I think everyone knows that he is far from the hugging type

One of the Hotflips' guys mom was really nice to me at Chicago. I didn't realize they had two booths and she worked with me even though my brain was not processing very quickly.

Thanks, I'll let her know.