• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Spotlight 5

13 posts in this topic

That's a pretty good garage sale find. I'm thinking 4.5-5.5 depending on the depth that those folds go through the book.

Yes, it was a garage sale, but the guy (somehwat) knew what he was doing with the comics. A good deal, perhaps, but not a steal.

Too bad on the grade; I was hoping for 7.0. Guess that's why I'm still a newbie around here.

4.0. But it might hit 4.5 on a good day considering there are no corners missing or pieces out. That lower right corner kills this book plus you have a lot of scuffing on the cover. Still a good find.

Didn't know corner creases could knock it so low. Definitely didn't think this was as "bad" as the Iron Man 55 I put up.

Thank you for the education, guys/gals.

It probably has different defects. Here comes into play the subjective elements of how much we dislike certain defects. Personally I hate corner creases, especially of a certain entity (and the book is black, so they look even badder), so I would say no more than VG. VG+ 4.5 looks too much to me, and since on this book which is somewhat costly half a grade can make quite a difference, I would stay cautious.

Before the others posted I would have said a VG-. I have a golden age early Daredevil which was graded by the seller as a VG- and looks better than this (although the cover has lost all of his gloss).