• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

What happen to all the chatter. The prices have come down on issue one anybody still picking up copies?

Still buying when I can get them cheap. I'm glad you brought this up. I cashed in over 1000 in profit, didn't have to resort to selling on ebay, and own over 30 issue 1 copies and 7 sets of 1-9 for free. This was a nice find as far as I'm concerned.

I think this book has good potential to blow up next year or I would have sold all but one set. I think a lot of us own our remaining copies at zero cost. The hits come and go but I wouldn't suggest dumping all of your issues unless you want to sell them to me cheap :takeit:

my point is I charged 50 for a full set after the news broke....and just sold a set for 1-7 for 55, which means price is edging up...it's not the up and down we saw with Rachel's rising....it's the slow burn of saga....

This is the trend for all newer comics. I could list several examples of it in just the last few months. Prices sky rocket for a week then fall gradual and hit an equilibrium.

I think this book has all type of potential as a TV show. All that being said its a long road there.

I totally agree.

my point is I charged 50 for a full set after the news broke....and just sold a set for 1-7 for 55, which means price is edging up...it's not the up and down we saw with Rachel's rising....it's the slow burn of saga....

I didn't follow RR, I got in a little too late but I've definitely. Seen good results from the Clone sets.

I hope there is some heat - the news hasn't got to Oz yet - wish it would hurry up so I could shift a few of these slabs!

I know a lota you are holding onto them...cuz you did that we walking dead and it was really good idea........but for me there is too many movie/tv deals out there right now....

So I do think it's time to sell...that being said I'm down to my last set...

I know a lota you are holding onto them...cuz you did that we walking dead and it was really good idea........but for me there is too many movie/tv deals out there right now....

So I do think it's time to sell...that being said I'm down to my last set...

I disagree. Out of everything that has a potential tv/movie deal. This book seems to be created based on a TV -script that is already thought out and Schulner hinted at that at SDCC.

I think this series was quite possibly made into a comic after the -script for the show was made in order to start a kind of grass roots following at the comic level.

Selling a $3 book for a small profit (10-15) isn't worth it unless you are in dire need of the fund with the potential of the book. That said if one was really wanting to play the game should have sold last weeks and then rebought in the following weeks once the market gets flooded again.

If people aren't selling then they should be buying, which doesn't seem to be happening. Last time I looked at Clone slabs were back under 100, just sitting on ebay, with raw copies sitting at around 15.

Not necessarily. I've got a bundle of them that I feel is enough but I'll still pick them up if I see copies at cover. The reason I'm not selling now is because the profit is tiny and not worth it, and if they end up worthless I won't have missed much.

prices have been edging up for me at least...

Nothing cheap at Chicago Comicon for Clone #1. All CGC 9.8 were well above $100. Not sure if they were selling, but the interest was there.

You saw 9.8's at WW Chicago? hm Must have missed those.

I did scrounge in some recent issues longboxes and found a good chunk of nice looking #1's for $2 each.

Were there any Think Tank slabs? Those I did not see anywhere; raw or slabbed.

Selling a $3 book for a small profit (10-15) isn't worth it unless you are in dire need of the fund with the potential of the book. That said if one was really wanting to play the game should have sold last weeks and then rebought in the following weeks once the market gets flooded again.

That is true but multiply that times 50 or 100 issues, that's worth it. I sold enough to make that kind of profit and I will take my chances on the rest. I sold my WD 1 issues at $100 per years ago. It was a nice profit at the time but its why I hang on to some stuff a little longer lol

If your in the black, you are always good. It's only a matter of how much or how little after that.

I think sets are the way to go on this book. There are a lot more issue 1s than anything else. Almost 2 to 1 of some issues.