• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

Personally, I have not read so much plot in a 12 issue comic run as I have with Clone.

I speculate how much more time David Schulner has to put into this story. I wonder what his intentions were in writing this book. Has it been a dream of his to write a comic? Or did Schulner write Clone for it to be a television -script & he re-purposed it for it to be a published comic?

I really hope the Clone "deck of cards" is deep enough for it to go past issue #30.

I think it's a short deck of cards. I don't see Schulner writing this comic past issue #25.

And I don't see high enough of a print count for they to pull in a new writer (a la many other books like Runaways, Deadpool, etc).

Personally, I have not read so much plot in a 12 issue comic run as I have with Clone.

I speculate how much more time David Schulner has to put into this story. I wonder what his intentions were in writing this book. Has it been a dream of his to write a comic? Or did Schulner write Clone for it to be a television -script & he re-purposed it for it to be a published comic?

I really hope the Clone "deck of cards" is deep enough for it to go past issue #30.

I think it's a short deck of cards. I don't see Schulner writing this comic past issue #25.

And I don't see high enough of a print count for they to pull in a new writer (a la many other books like Runaways, Deadpool, etc).

Good post, the series reads like a TV -script more than a comic and I am sure it was probably known this was going to be a TV show even before they made it into a comic, Schulner even hinted at this. Making a comic was probably to get some kind of grass roots interest in the concept before a show was produced.

Good post, the series reads like a TV -script more than a comic and I am sure it was probably known this was going to be a TV show even before they made it into a comic, Schulner even hinted at this. Making a comic was probably to get some kind of grass roots interest in the concept before a show was produced.

I hope the decrease in comic sales doesn't impact the production of the television series.

Issue #12 sold ~5,500 copies.

If the television series news heats up, the issues will be that much more valuable when you consider the print count.

I flat out struggle understanding why this isn't a top tier selling book.

The story is very good, I love the art (though some do not), and it's from the hot Image books timeframe. Low print run on books. Seems like a recipe of success.

Pat

I hope the decrease in comic sales doesn't impact the production of the television series.

Issue #12 sold ~5,500 copies.

If the television series news heats up, the issues will be that much more valuable when you consider the print count.

Issue #9 was only 5,900 copies so its been hanging around that mark for awhile now

I flat out struggle understanding why this isn't a top tier selling book.

The story is very good, I love the art (though some do not), and it's from the hot Image books timeframe. Low print run on books. Seems like a recipe of success.

Pat

I cant agree more. When this book finally takes off, there are going to be some pretty hard to find issues for those getting in late.

Lets be honest....it will take off. Good story, good art, Image, low print runs, and TV show.

Another top notch issue, fast paced, turning each page in anticipation of what's going to happen next. I'm so excited to see how it will be adapted for TV

No kidding! I was sucked in and wondering how it was going to end. The anticipation on each page was great.

This arc would make a hell of a movie.

I am loving the detailed art. no panel is just plain.