• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

Talked to David at the con and confirmed it was him on the boards!

He couldn't tell me what the announcement was, but stated that "after todays announcement, people will want more of them...hopefully" He said that with a smile.

FYI he is also one of the nicest people I've met as a creator. Real humble

Talked to David at the con and confirmed it was him on the boards!

He couldn't tell me what the announcement was, but stated that "after todays announcement, people will want more of them...hopefully" He said that with a smile.

FYI he is also one of the nicest people I've met as a creator. Real humble

Well, I bet pretty heavy on that being him this week. Now I'm hoping the announcement is TV show and not movie lol

Well, I bet pretty heavy on that being him this week. Now I'm hoping the announcement is TV show and not movie lol

I don't understand this logic. To me it all depends on the quality of the TV Show/Movie.

I don't understand this logic. To me it all depends on the quality of the TV Show/Movie.

comic.

Fixed it for you.

comic.

Fixed it for you.

^^

comic.

Fixed it for you.

^^

For the collection of comics, true. For remarketing value ? Not so much. Many comics that I think are good to great are worth zilch. For example, I just bought Sin City NM/NM+ first prints in their entirety for 40 cents per comic. Bad investment when new but what a great story.

On the other side of the coin, many comics that would never make my collection have great resale values. An example of this would be the Last of US. I bought a few of each, read them, don't really care for them but wow did they move.

I buy and collect what I like. I buy for resale based on what other people like.

comic.

Fixed it for you.

^^

For the collection of comics, true. For remarketing value ? Not so much. Many comics that I think are good to great are worth zilch. For example, I just bought Sin City NM/NM+ first prints in their entirety for 40 cents per comic. Bad investment when new but what a great story.

On the other side of the coin, many comics that would never make my collection have great resale values. An example of this would be the Last of US. I bought a few of each, read them, don't really care for them but wow did they move.

I buy and collect what I like. I buy for resale based on what other people like.

I defiantly understand what you mean but I mean In reference to it being a great comic will also help increase its value but you are correct TV news usually will always bring more

comic.

Fixed it for you.

^^

I buy and collect what I like. I buy for resale based on what other people like. [/b]

I've been told that TV shows have a much greater impact on comic values than movies. For example Walking Dead compared to Men in Black or 2 Guns.

But then you could argue films had a massive impact on Batman, Spiderman, Avengers, Iron Man ect

I've been told that TV shows have a much greater impact on comic values than movies. For example Walking Dead compared to Men in Black or 2 Guns.

But then you could argue films had a massive impact on Batman, Spiderman, Avengers, Iron Man ect

Yes except I was watching Batman (reruns after school) , Superman (reruns on Sunday mornings) , Spider-man ( Saturdays) and on PBS' Electric Company), Fantastic Four (Saturdays) as well as others on TV in the 60s and 70's and the sales on comics then were pretty huge. I'm not interested in arguing the point. I was attempting to explain my personal hopes for this comic. I would buy whatever you like and trust your gut.