• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Super Heroes #18

14 posts in this topic

Back cover has several spots that feels like something was stuck to it at one time. Like little rough dots.

You can't see them in the scan.

What do you think?

130565.jpg.fefdd87dc5891a3b87dbd93c5e5a7d36.jpg

130566.jpg.46aee0860af1f49e3cc4f0344f7069f9.jpg

I would usually do a courtesy to the PGM board and provide crops/zooms of all the imperfections, but there are just too numerous for this copy.

Based on what I see from the scans, I'll have to follow Overstreet's definition of VERY GOOD:

VERY GOOD (VG, Overstreet 54-35)

Generally, this condition represents the average used comic book, one that has not been taken care of. These comics show moderate wear but eye appeal has not been reduced to the point that the comic ceases to be collectible. One or two minor markings on the cover or minor spine roll are allowed. These comics may be lightly creased along the spine or other edges, or have a minor piece or pieces missing.

So I would rate this book a 4.5 to 5.0 tops.

Nice copy to have for speculative purposes with the movie scheduled to be released in August 2014. I have the same issue in VF+ to NM condition.

Besides the split, the general wear makes me say VG/F 5.0 is the maximum.

About "what I think" I would say: stop that silly movie hype and sell it to me for a reasonable pre-frenzy price… :(

(Actually I’m way more interested in a Marvel Preview #7 because of Satana. Not that I don’t love Rocket Raccoon, but this animal craze is getting out of hand. Howard the Duck wouldn’t have approved…). :P