• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Hey, Hicks. Man, you look just like I feel." - The Aliens Journal

116 posts in this topic

:applause:

As for Henn, just personal choice I suppose. I'm not really a celeb sig hunter. The Bolton sig appealed to me more.

I suppose I'd quite like cast member sig's on movie memorabilia. I like my books to have creator sig's.

I know what you mean.

Speaking of movie memorabilia....i brought this recently from UK shop called Behind The Scenes Limited:

dutton.jpg

Have you tried MyComicshop.com

They have several issues of CM in stock in NM. I've bought from them quite a few times and their grading is usually very tight. Plus their shipping is incredibly reasonable.

im buying from them a lot... also High Quality Comics are great ... i can always rely on their grading (even for nm+ or nm/m copies) and what is also important especially for overseas shipping , they usually have bulletproof packages...

Second half of my cgc submission came back today...grade turned out better than i've expected but its qualified. Reason for green label is small price sticker on left bottom corner of back cover.

i've read lots of discussions about green labeled books containing signatures unauthorized by CGC.

My question is, does green label mather so much in cases like this, when reason for it is

very small visual imperfection? I was thinking about having sticker professionally removed and re-submitting this book...but is blue label worth the risk of grade drop in this case? Any opinions?

alienis.jpg

Recent updates of my collection...im incredibly happy about these books

Aliens Vol.1 #5 + Aliens Vol.2 #1

v12.jpg

Aliens: Genocide #2 + #3 with Suydam's signature

gen.jpg

Blade runner #1 with Rutger Hauer's signature + #2 signed by David Snyder and Paul Sammon

br.jpg

Recent updates of my collection...im incredibly happy about these books

Aliens Vol.1 #5 + Aliens Vol.2 #1

v12.jpg

:applause:

That Vol 2 #1 is a gnat's tongue from a 9.9.

:whistle:

Yes, it is! Thanks for your help by the way :)

This gave me an idea about little inquiry.

Write your three most favorite covers of Aliens series ... (whole series or single issues)

Here are my favorites:

1 - Aliens Vol.2

2 - Aliens: Berserker

3 - Aliens: Purge

1 = Vol 2.

2 = Earth War

3 = Genocide (Especially #1)

My favorite Single issue covers:

#1 - Vol 2 Issue #1

#2 - AvP Issue #4

#3 - Vol 2 Issue #2

#4 - DHP Issue 36 (Painted Cover)

#5 - Aliens Rogue Issue #4

:headbang:

Hi everybody,

It's been awhile but your favorite Aliens fanatic is back with some new books to share :)

Big thanks goes to Bosco for helping me with purchase of Aliens: Salvation book.

avp_2.jpg

bat_a.jpg

lant_a.jpg

salvation.jpg

dhp_a.jpg

ronin_3.jpg

One more update, my first experience with pressing service... original grade after pessing estimated by classics incorporated was 9.4 ... and it ended up better than expected :)

alien_magazine.jpg