• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D ICK AYERS AND CARMINE INFANTINO SKETCH OPP

37 posts in this topic

Without being dismissive to the OP, whose opinion I completely understand, I think that at some point, when you are dealing with an 87 year old man, you have to acknowledge that you are going to get whatever you are going to get.

img1220vb.jpg

Thats a batgirl btw

Wow I thought that was Sloth from the Goonies at first glance.

I understand these ops are with people in their 80s but if they can't really give a sketch that is reasonable for the cost then they shouldn't be doing these ops anymore in my opinion.

Without being dismissive to the OP, whose opinion I completely understand, I think that at some point, when you are dealing with an 87 year old man, you have to acknowledge that you are going to get whatever you are going to get.

That's what I was trying to get at, thanks for wording it appropriately.

and sometimes you get an eBay.

from what someone said below, that sort of sketch takes him about a minute. if that was the best that he could produce taking time, that would be understandable. but for good $, you'd think he'd spend a little more time (shrug)

and sometimes you get an eBay.

from what someone said below, that sort of sketch takes him about a minute. if that was the best that he could produce taking time, that would be understandable. but for good $, you'd think he'd spend a little more time (shrug)

lol. (thumbs u

I finally got mine back today. Wow. What a disappointment.

infantino.jpg

Desertwind Comics advertised this as a "head/bust", but this is more of a half-head with no bust. Don't get me wrong, I know Carmine Infantino is a legend AND he's up there in age, but... well, this was just a long time to wait and a lot of money for what's basically a quick doodle.

Thanks to Desertwind Comics for their service, though. They're good people.

Hey if youre unhappy with it--- Ill pay what you paid and take it off your hands

I finally got mine back today. Wow. What a disappointment.

infantino.jpg

Desertwind Comics advertised this as a "head/bust", but this is more of a half-head with no bust. Don't get me wrong, I know Carmine Infantino is a legend AND he's up there in age, but... well, this was just a long time to wait and a lot of money for what's basically a quick doodle.

Thanks to Desertwind Comics for their service, though. They're good people.

Hey if youre unhappy with it--- Ill pay what you paid and take it off your hands

You're a week late...

If you're unhappy, I will gladly take it off of your hands for what you paid for it! :devil: