• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Incredible Hulk #181 - 4.5 - Stamp Intact! Lovely copy...NEW LOWER PRICE!

25 posts in this topic

Ok, I've got the most sought-after book of the bronze age (and probably copper age too). It really needs no introduction, but we all know how important and special this book is. It is the Incredible Hulk #181 - the First Appearance of Wolverine.

Although there are the requisite spine bends and a small split in the lower lhc, this comic still has terrific eye-appeal for the grade and still retains a nice gloss (not apparent in the scan). Cover is nicely centered as are the staples. There is no subscription fold, no huge corner bends (only a tiny one upper rhc) and the pages are crisp. Oh and yes, it does still have it's value stamp intact! I would grade this book VG+ or FN- easily.

I'm only asking $600 ]$550 for this book[/b].I think this is a good price for a book in this condition but am open to offers. I will attach pics to this post, but if you need others, I will email other views upon request. Write me soon, this won't last long! Shipping is free, but if you pay with Paypal, I will need you to add 3%

794933-1.jpg

794933-2.jpg

I'm only asking $600 for this book. A quick glance at a popular auction site will tell you that this is an great price for a book in this condition.

Always love to see nice keys offered here. :applause: Which auction site were you referring to?

Alright, be nice. Large scans, accurate description, accurately graded. Yeah I prefer sellers not to hype their own books but this one is pretty nice.

And WTTB M.

Ed

Alright, be nice. Large scans, accurate description, accurately graded. Yeah I prefer sellers not to hype their own books but this one is pretty nice.

And WTTB M.

Ed

I just asked which auction site? I did a quick scan to try and find a raw like this one and came up dry.

It's a pretty book for its grade. I just wanted to know what he was talking about. (shrug)

And WTTB M.

Ed

I just asked which auction site? I did a quick scan to try and find a raw like this one and came up dry.

It's a pretty book for its grade. I just wanted to know what he was talking about. (shrug)

eBay (shrug)

@TC33: I think the Hulk #181 is pretty over-hyped, no matter how important it may be, but surely your CGC VF is worthy.

This one is more or less like my former copy, I think it’s important to specify page quality in this grade, and maybe have a shot of the interiors.

I offered mine for a good cause, don’t know how much I would have priced it in a normal sale. (shrug)

Good luck to the OP with the sale, anyway… ;)

I personally don't think the #181 is over-hyped. I realize I'm a bit biased here, but Wolverine is arguably one of the most popular characters to be created post-silver age and naturally his first appearance is a top-key book.

Anyway, regarding interior pictures, I've always been reluctant to lay open a book for interior shots. The comic just feels so...exposed. However, the inside is perfect and I suppose it would be good to show that Which pages/features would you suggest I take photos of?

:o Wow, if a Vg/Fn is worth $600, I guess my CGC VF is worth way more than I thought! Good luck on the sale.

No matter how tempting it may be, it's frowned upon 'round these parts to question a seller's asking price. :rulez: