• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hypothetical: For how much would Amazing Fantasy 15/Action Comics 1 10.0 sell?

45 posts in this topic

The AF 15 would go for around $575,000 too $675,000

The AC1 would go for $1.5 to 2.0 million I would imagine. The AF 15 may go nearer to 1 million if the hypothectical bidding got heated. Wouldnt that be a auction too watch.....

Now that's just silly... Do you have a 34th edition Bible? (aka.. 2004 Overstree Price Guide) Take a look at pg 27. PGC Mint is offering $1 million just for a 9.4. You think a 10.0 would only go for 1.5 to 2 mill? I'm guessing at least $15 million. And yes... If I had it I would sell it in a heartbeat. That kind of money changes lives.

acclaim.gif

AMAZING FANTASY #15

I used the label from my 1.0 Signature Series AF #15 and stuck on a 10.0 Gem Mint grade from an Avengers/JLA #4 10.0 (up on eBay right now, changed the label to read WHITE pages and mixed up the UPC number. Then cut and pasted a picture of Comic Links AF#15 9.0:

(http://www.comiclink.com/AmazingFantasy15CGC4.htm)

ACTION COMICS #1

Got the Heritage Auction label for that thrashed Action #1 2.5 (what an ugly book!):

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/auctions/photo.asp?id=803007020&lot_id=7020&d=&zoom=1&SID=4C011C991D224E77B25A382A49059110

Changed the grade and cut and pasted this one I found using Google Image Search for Action Comics 1(which I touched up a bit in Photoshop):

http://comic-art.net/images/action.jpg

OK, you have CGC 10.0 graded copies of Amazing Fantasy 15 and Action Comics 1 in your hands. What will be the high bids of each on Ebay?

If I had them..and decided to go with Ebay.. could I list them on Free listing Day on Ebay?

Ohh ok.. 1 cent listing day.. sorry.gif

devil.gif

OK, you have CGC 10.0 graded copies of Amazing Fantasy 15 and Action Comics 1 in your hands. What will be the high bids of each on Ebay?

There wouldn't be enough money in the world to pay for them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The first thing I would wonder is how the [!@#%^&^] did I get a hold of an AF#15 and AC#! in 10.0. Then I get an insurance policy for them to cover my [!@#%^&^] in case of an accident. Then I would probably lose my freeking mind from being paranoid that someone was always out there to kill me and take my precious away from me.

My precious.

GET AWAY!!

They're mine!!

ALL MINE!!

It's okay precious they won't hurt you.... cloud9.gif

*edit*

Hey that was my 4900th post. It's okay precious I'm here for you. cloud9.gif

Hmmmm... nice "..Lambs" reflection. devil.gif

sorry.gif Hnmmm... have to work on my gollum impression. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh yea, Gollum. I must be too old. Whenever I hear "precious" I think of Silence of the Lambs immediatley. You remember, the bad dude's dog. lol.

First of all, I cant see a 10 going for multiples of a hypothetical 9.8 on either of these books (or even a hypothetical 9.6 on the Action). I dont think the crowd who speculates insane money on CGC 10's is the same crowd that can afford these books in high grade. They would simply go for "highest graded money."

Second, I think there would be endless second guessing of the grade. Wether or not CGC went easy on the book because of what book it is, I'm sure people would suggest it.

Third, I think the Action would bring 5 million and the AF15 500k, but all of this is just uneducated specualtion cause I'm not a member of the SuperBaller-BSD crew.

confused-smiley-013.gif

First of all, I cant see a 10 going for multiples of a hypothetical 9.8 on either of these books (or even a hypothetical 9.6 on the Action). I dont think the crowd who speculates insane money on CGC 10's is the same crowd that can afford these books in high grade. They would simply go for "highest graded money."

Second, I think there would be endless second guessing of the grade. Wether or not CGC went easy on the book because of what book it is, I'm sure people would suggest it.

Third, I think the Action would bring 5 million and the AF15 500k, but all of this is just uneducated specualtion cause I'm not a member of the SuperBaller-BSD crew.

confused-smiley-013.gif

In this hypothetical situation, the book IS a 10, but youre probably right that there would be second guessers here and elsewhere quibbling on the grade. As I wrote earlier, I agree with you on the Action (but a few million less maybe), but think youre low on the Spidey. A million today is the whopping high "target" dream price for the best AF15. Its a nice round number with a lot of significance. It was for Action#1 until it was reached (if only in offers no sales) and will be for SIlver Age, should we ever get there. Since I'll wager a million that a 10 doesnt exist, it may take awhile.

Here's the thing to remember. Unless, someone outside the collecting community is going to be bidding on the Action #1, then more than likely, the price paid for a 10.0 would not be significantly different than a 9.9,9.8 or even maybe a 9.6.

The price would be out of the reach of probably 99.999999% of those people who collect comics, and I seriously doubt a dealer (hoping to make a profit) would want to buy the book (and incur millions in debt), hoping to then sell the book to the collector who DIDN'T buy it the first time.

Just way too risky.

The AF #15 would probably sell at a price much higher than one would think (maybe a $1,000,000) simply because I could see two or three collectors willing to part with most of their collection to obtain this book. Remember that Marvel Silver-Age collectors realize that other than a few books, most issues can be obtain in 9.4 (if you have the right amount of money). Therefore, selling a million dollars of high-grade books would not be out of the question. Plus, several major dealers could pool resources hoping to resell the book for a 10-20% markup.

CGC would have to come up with some kind of value in determining the slabbing cost. I wonder what the fees would be on these two books.

Just become a member.. and use 2 of your 3 free coupons!

acclaim.gif

CGC would have to come up with some kind of value in determining the slabbing cost. I wonder what the fees would be on these two books.

Just become a member.. and use 2 of your 3 free coupons!

acclaim.gif

...and you could use the 3rd coupon for that Marvel Comics #1 in 10.0 condition. 27_laughing.gif

Based on their current fee structure, $1,000 each.

You could probably get a full time gig traveling to all of the cons and showing off your 10 Action #1. It would be the Mona Lisa of the comic world. People would actually pay you to show it.

A 10 AF15 would probably go for over a million. That's a lot of money but not too crazy to get some of the pyschos to bite. I could see it get to a million and then two guys get into a bidding war knocking it up to 2 million.

Can't use the express coupons for books over $4K. 893frustrated.gif

You take all the fun out of joking around with your factual responses..... sorry.gif

Another one foolish enough to deal in the facts. He's on the wrong board. 27_laughing.gif