• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

So... Can we actually talk about the actual comic? Any thoughts on where it's going? I just sold my copies of #1, but think i'll pick up the trade.

I just read #2 today and am still intrigued. I like the sort of "mad scientist" vibe with the virus/secret space station, so as long as they stay in this vein I think it will be good. If they take it on some tangent with the virus sufferers going nuts with super powers I am not sure it will be as good...

Well it was stated in an interview that the 4 world corp scientists are not the main characters .. As long as it sticks to sciences over super heroes ill be happy

+1

The World Corp guys don't have to be the main characters, using them as a catalyst for other plots is cool with me. I just don't want a super hero book in the guise of a mad scientist story. Of course, the virus sufferers can get powers as a side effect of the virus, but as long as they play that story out in a new and interesting way I'll be happy.

My main attraction to this series so far is the way its presented. I've been enjoying the world building so far and I think the fictional ads/interviews are great for establishing this corporation with massive global recognition and adding depth. I feel as though this series will be very enjoyable as the series progresses and main plot/characters are established.

I'm totally down with corporate espionage, science, experiments, and possibly super powers?

Also any books with Jordie Bellaire colors keeps my attention for at least a few issues..

Still wondering what's up with the Warner Music Group logo though

There are two "layers" to the storyline that can be played out nicely now: 1) the "break up" of the world corp founders and nasty corporate games they will play against one another and 2) the "evolution" of the virus sufferers from the space station. It will be cool to see how they move things forward from here, but the first two issues have served as s nice prologue for a longer story line IMHO. (thumbs u

There are two "layers" to the storyline that can be played out nicely now: 1) the "break up" of the world corp founders and nasty corporate games they will play against one another and 2) the "evolution" of the virus sufferers from the space station. It will be cool to see how they move things forward from here, but the first two issues have served as s nice prologue for a longer story line IMHO. (thumbs u

Spoken like someone from Alberta :grin:

Just kidding, lovin' the story so far. Manhattan Projects with a different twist.

Spoken like someone from Alberta :grin:

Just kidding, lovin' the story so far. Manhattan Projects with a different twist.

I have not read MP so I cannot comment - the artwork was just too horrible for me to read it. I did snag a 1st print run of #3-7 during a 50% off Boxing Day sale to flip, though.

Back to NM, I sold a #1 within 24 hrs at a BIN of $29.99 today. Probably left a bit on the table, but I just need to move three more at that price and I will have 20+ copies kicking around all paid for. :whee:

white books press wellllllll, (saga/fatale), believe it

Thanks for this. Now that I know about pressing, I may keep this $8 copy I got that has a short crease on back cover. Was going to return it this week but if issue #3 is good then I may just consider that option.

Looks like the hunt for 9.8s is on based on the questions I am getting regarding corners and spines on my eBay auction. lol

Man-- the two copies i sold to fellow boardies were legitimately perfect. Can't remember having a comic so sharp. I hope they get high grades for them! Maybe only some of the batches were bad?