• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been asked before but from interviews it looks like you've had the idea for this series for quite a while. I know you don't like to give too much away in terms of story but just seeing all the extra material in the books gives the impression that you really have a good grasp on world and the characters.

Are you quite far ahead in your planning of the series? Curious how many issues you have already in the can.

I know it's a little early but I'd love if you did something like the hardcovers that Chew and WD have with all the teaser covers and magazine articles.

i love 1b

this could be the breakthrough that makes people care that additional printings ARE tougher to find

Some 2nd printings have been long established as being worth more than the 1sts. Batman 608 and 612 2nd prints sell for multiples of the firsts.

Honestly I prefer the 2nd print colors to the actual variants

+1. I passed on four copies at my LCS the first day it was released as I did not know it was that short printed and I liked the white background of the regular #1 better. :tonofbricks:

i love 1b

this could be the breakthrough that makes people care that additional printings ARE tougher to find

Some 2nd printings have been long established as being worth more than the 1sts. Batman 608 and 612 2nd prints sell for multiples of the firsts.

Nah its still going to be the odd man out that is worth more then 1st print. Its too well ingrained in collectors heads and well its a 2nd print.....

The bat books are exceptions to rule. The rule itself will continue. Although every once in awhile a 2nd print cover will be in greater demand if its a new cover or they do something cool the 1st print image.

i love 1b

Nah its still going to be the odd man out that is worth more then 1st print. Its too well ingrained in collectors heads and well its a 2nd print.....

The bat books are exceptions to rule. The rule itself will continue. Although every once in awhile a 2nd print cover will be in greater demand if its a new cover or they do something cool the 1st print image.

I did not mean to imply that all 2nds will be worth more, just that some have been for a while. I agree that most are worthless/worth less. However, every once in a while a cool one like Batman #608 (with a better cover IMHO) will pop up and be worth more. It will be interesting to see what happens withe Nowhere Men alternate covers - the cover to #2 2nd print is cool.......

Depends. In that case, Mark and Kel wanted something specific, and we talked about a few different papers. They wanted something with a pulpy feel, like the texture of newsprint, but a bit heavier. I think that's the same stock as IDW's Popeye books use, and I recommended that. In other cases, a writer or an artist may ask us to match something that's caught their eye.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

WOW you guys give the creator the choice on what paper they want to use.

Now only if Marvel would do that.

Seriously Marvel comics paper and the amount of ads are so bad that I refuse to buy a marvel comic. I bought Young Avengers for my little brother and the spine already has white marks on it.

Now I only pirate Marvel Comics, I will buy when they use image paper and no ads.

For example: Look at this copy of Manhattan Projects #3, I never had that bagged or boarded, its still in amazing shape.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170982491788?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Respect to Image

Depends. In that case, Mark and Kel wanted something specific, and we talked about a few different papers. They wanted something with a pulpy feel, like the texture of newsprint, but a bit heavier. I think that's the same stock as IDW's Popeye books use, and I recommended that. In other cases, a writer or an artist may ask us to match something that's caught their eye.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Seriously Marvel comics paper and the amount of ads are so bad that I refuse to buy a marvel comic. I bought Young Avengers for my little brother and the spine already has white marks on it.

Now I only pirate Marvel Comics, I will buy when they use image paper and no ads.

For example: Look at this copy of Manhattan Projects #3, I never had that bagged or boarded, its still in amazing shape.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170982491788?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Respect to Image

Not every image book uses different paper though..... Anyway I've bought every marvel now book and the condition was probably better on shelves than image books.. Pirating comics is just a waste of harddrive space for me so If Ineed to I can use those marvel books for toilet paper..

That is once I run out of money to use for that purpose

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Respect to Image

Not every image book uses different paper though..... Anyway I've bought every marvel now book and the condition was probably better on shelves than image books.. Pirating comics is just a waste of harddrive space for me so If Ineed to I can use those marvel books for toilet paper..

That is once I run out of money to use for that purpose

I'm glad you don't pirate books, but with the size and price of hard drives.. Space shouldn't really be a problem.

Now when I paid $100 for my used 100 meg drive.. That would have. lol