• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

what issue of invincible did this appear in

I first discovered your work in back-up stories inside early issues of Invincible, and I remember Eric Stephenson doing an early version of Nowhere Men there long, long ago.

Edited by krighton

I first discovered your work in back-up stories inside early issues of Invincible, and I remember Eric Stephenson doing an early version of Nowhere Men there long, long ago.

I mentioned this 2 pages in and no one took note.

Can someone tell me why there is a preview of The Nowhere Men in Invincible #19 from November 2004. It is the same guy who wrote this one but looks like a completely different story??

There are back-up stories in INV 19-20 by a different artist (Terry Stevens) from an aborted earlier version of the book.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

There are back-up stories in INV 19-20 by a different artist (Terry Stevens) from an aborted earlier version of the book.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Would these two issues be considered first appearances?

I think Eric said a few pages back that this is the "first appearance" of the current NWM.

However the yearbook came out in 2010 and the appearances in Invincible 19 and 20 came out in 2004. Would the Invincible issues then be considered an early version prototype and in turn the Yearbook considered the first appearance of the current version?

Edited by prodigy44

They have NWM #2b instock again at MYC... I got four from them and they were minty...

Happy Friday

Thanks,

I went there for a Nowhere Men #2b and checked out with these....

Nowhere Men (2012 Image) 2B NM 1

Peter Panzerfaust (2012 Image) 3 NM 1

Peter Panzerfaust (2012 Image) 4 NM 1

Peter Panzerfaust (2012 Image) 5 VF 1

Peter Panzerfaust (2012 Image) 6 VF 1

Peter Panzerfaust (2012 Image) 9 NM 1

Saga (2012 Image) 8 NM 1

I think that depends on how you look at it. Characters have different names and in at least one instance, a completely different appearance. There are major story differences. It's called the same thing, but that's about it.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

I think that depends on how you look at it. Characters have different names and in at least one instance, a completely different appearance. There are major story differences. It's called the same thing, but that's about it.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

But Eric didn't you basically use the preview in invincible 19 in Nowhere Men #3? They are very similar pages and dialogue.