• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I think what he was trying to say is the reason the RRP will be worth more is because of the widespread appeal of the book and its reaching everyone. I can see NWM getting there as well but there is the matter of 850 print vs 500.
Exactly...

We will see after NWM Vol. 1 is released / end of the year CBR and USA Today top comics rankings...

Saga RRP didn't have a surge until December / January (holiday gift exchanges or Ebay bucks according to Branget...).

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

The point to the story was explaining that Saga was driving in people who had never read comics before because it is more accessible than Nowhere Men.

Thus those new comic fans that are getting into Saga are getting into it hard.

No offense, but I don't think people new to comics are looking for the Saga RPP variant.

Or any variants, for that matter.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Exactly.

I don't know about Thought Bubble catching as much fire but I would imagine Saga RRP will influence it heating up a little faster than normal with people wanting to pocket one... you know just in case it goes out of reach.

... however this guy is telling me there will be many mid-size or better #4 pre-orders attempted by individuals

crystal-ball-gazing.jpg

:baiting:

I think what he was trying to say is the reason the RRP will be worth more is because of the widespread appeal of the book and its reaching everyone. I can see NWM getting there as well but there is the matter of 850 print vs 500.
Exactly...

We will see after NWM Vol. 1 is released / end of the year CBR and USA Today top comics rankings...

Saga RRP didn't have a surge until December / January (holiday gift exchanges or Ebay bucks according to Branget...).

Saga had that one sale for #1 for +$100, then all hell broke loose.

Seems like it's cooled off though, not falling, just cooling.

Edit: RRP is a different animal

Edited by Chi Bamm

Agreed. I don't see it hitting $500 anytime soon. Maybe $200-$250 depending how many hit ebay in the next two months.

Just playing devil's advocate. A lot of people said Saga RRP would never reach $250 and some even said it would only ever be worth $25 *cough* Branget *cough*

well, his question was on the regular number ones, not the thought bubbles, and PP, not saga. I think if nowhere men is still hot by next december, and winning awards, hitting mainstream media, etc. Then yah, the thought bubble could track the saga path (though likely not as high). But even saga number 1s arent touching PP in terms of the regular covers.

Edited by CBT