• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Andy, seriously, get ahold of yourself. Its like talking to an apple sometimes. Im sure Wushu is pround of those books and spent well earned change on them. Stop in everyone's cheerios. You do this all the time. Everyone here isn't as stupid as you suspect and you aren't the wise old sage.

Again Pie - the only person arguing is you.No need to bring Wushy into this - he can (and has) spoken for himself.

Check the posts after my first comment - they all agreed!

This isn't about being a 'sage' or an 'apple' its about trying to not let people lose a ton of money.

Its not 'everyones' Cheerios - just those that bought this book - which you would be one of.

You are unable to NOT take this personally as you have a fair few runners in the race.

Stop suggesting its just me saying this.

Go back a few pages and look for yourself.

There are a fair few people saying the same.

Go argue the toss with them.

If NWM is soo good, why are there multiple unsold copies of 2 + 3 sitting on the shelves here in Melbourne?

If you bother to go back 10 pages or so,you will see I offered to buy them and send them over for cover - not one taker.

This is a board and ES driven frenzy.

I still don't know why you don't get the most basic of basic points.

I love PP,Revival,TWD,Hack/Slash, even Punk Rock Jesus now I have read a few more.

I can be quite happily positive about those books.

This one I'm not.

Carry On.Or not. Preferrably not.For everyones sake.

First off, please read this for everyones sake.

Just got home but I wanted to say

photobucket-6933-1362284345655_zps1d98e5f2.jpg

WASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUP

He seems pretty excited. Simon is posting pics to share his collection with us and you greet him with:

... now sell them!!

Douchery. You have done stuff like this in the past to others. I've tried to explain to you like you were a big boy and now as I would a child and if you still don't get it, I feel sorry for you. "Hey nice books man, Grats" Even if you hate the books, try it sometime (thumbs u

Next week,maybe nothing?
Guess we'll find out next week what kind of prophet you are. Tell you what, let's even give it an extra week.

Its ok to have an opinion Andy. No one is faulting you for that but not everyone here is a speculator. A lot of us collect for fun. There's no one here who hasn't lost money on a deal or a few books. Advice is cool but trying to make people think they are stupid for collecting something they have a passion for and, "sell them now"(over and over again), is contemptible.

one of us will look silly.
smiley_nah.gifI own four NWM slabs right now and maybe five soon. I'm not hoarding them so if it crashes and I lose a few hundred bucks, I'll be ok and still have some cool books from a great read.

Check the posts after my first comment

Did you check? Did you see him say they are for his personal collection?

they all agreed!
A few people commented that the variants were a turn off. I even said I hope there aren't anymore. That doesn't mean everyone agrees the book is garbage now. Your distortion of reality is alarming.

This one I'm not.
Great. Understood. Now, genius, are you done bashing this book in its own thread?

Thats my last word on the subject.
:eyeroll:

Pie, you are right, no one should be bashed, especially when he gets his books back with the " great, now sell them " Only because I will posting pics soon too..

lol

Edited by Hulk44

Wow, don't want to get into a measuring contest about variants.....BUT I had to interject about PP:

Nobody seems to mention that most old timers grew up knowing the story of Peter Pan.....and those same old timers are probably the folks watching the History channel to see Hitler colorized and recount their WWII days.

There's a real hunger for old-timey stories and WWII in general....it's a real franchise still. Someday that'll probably be less true, there'll be a planet full of whipper-snappers that'll think WWII is just something in history books like the Civil War and the Revolutionary War.

Until that time, a mashup of old stories such as PP combined with WWII seems like utter gold for television.

That's not to say a television show will ever manifest or that it'll be a slam-dunk success if it does.....but to not recognize that my grandpappy or father could or would appreciate seeing a "real life Peter Pan (sort of) in the midst of a World War" is just plain incorrect. Old(er) people and WWII go together like peanut butter and jelly.

If the BBC pulls it off, there'll be people hungrily digesting that material from generations ago. They won't even know or understand it came from a comic book, and they'll watch nonetheless.

That's may take.

Now, as far as comparing NWM to PP, why bother? You either like one or both or neither. I can say PP has no "variants"....just reprints. Coupla' variants never hurt anyone. What is a bit over the top is 100 variants or the DC is pulling with JLA: like a variant for every friggin state?! That's when the sanity boat has left the dock.

All I know is that with the first issue of NWM I wanted to see more....especially of odd crystal encrusted gorillas....give me more of that action and my $ will follow. NWM fills the void for me that the television show "Fringe" left. I dug that show to the max, and NWM has hints and flavors of that.....super-science...sometimes gone awry....etc.

Anyway, love it.....leave it......wallpaper your bedroom walls with variants...whatever floats your boat....but the comparisons of quality merely due to secondary market pricing is hardly a reason to criticize the content of comic IMHO.

over 110 posts to catch up on.

nice to see some vindication on those NWM variants. Hopefully my rants at the time saved some people some money.

Also, I have all the printings of that Excalibur book that appeared in here :D none slabbed of course, but still fun to see.

As for the NWM/PP debate. PP will not crash until at least the motion comic comes out. After that, everyone is just casting darts blind. Up until it, it will meander.

As for NWM being blown up on the secondary market in 3 months. I disagree with that too. If it were to happen that soon, it would only be because the entire modern market collapsed, or the second leg of the world economic collapse hit.

With the amount of speculative money swirling around, none of the series that have caught any heat are going to completely rollover and die. Obviously the NWM variants were selling for unsustainable values, but thats very different than the whole series bellying up on the secondary market.

Nowhere men was the hot book for sigs at the show (ECCC). Nate signed away but stephesen was signing five per person at the CBLDF booth. I had a set of five signed (no fast track) and won't see them again till...Christmas?

Edited by highradart

Ok I have issue 1, first second and third prints, issue 2 first and second prints and issue 3 first print.

Ignoring the variants which I haven't got the surplus to invest in right now (I do have a slabbed one on the way though curtesy of itsjusyryan) is it just issue 3 second print I am missing so far?

Re the three Nowhere Men #1 variants (Thought Bubble, blue, orange) -- I'm not a variant completist, and I hope not to grossly overpay for them, but I'd like to pick them up simply because they look cool. All three covers are very striking, as have been all the covers in this series -- really nice hip aesthetic that stands out on the shelves.