• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I know I will take flack for this, but comics and comic book collecting definitely brings to mind a certain stereotype. For the most part, I am sorry....It's true. There is a huge part of the comic book community is very socially awkward. These are traditionally children with narrow comfort zones, poor social pragmatics and in some cases, personality disorders...Now these people are adults who are able to sit behind a keyboard and pound away comments meant to ignite a reaction...and to tick people off.

Wow. We have a psychiatrist here diagnosing comic book fans on the internet.

Thank you for your statement. It reinforces my post.

I know I will take flack for this, but comics and comic book collecting definitely brings to mind a certain stereotype. For the most part, I am sorry....It's true. There is a huge part of the comic book community is very socially awkward. These are traditionally children with narrow comfort zones, poor social pragmatics and in some cases, personality disorders...Now these people are adults who are able to sit behind a keyboard and pound away comments meant to ignite a reaction...and to tick people off.

I was just thinking the same thing... just reinforced your post. The viscosity of that irony is amazing.

Actually no

I'm pleased to say we spoke to each other like adults and sorted our differences out.

As far as Jason and myself go - it's all good.

Sorry to derail the thread - normal programming can now resume!

Actually no I'm pleased to say we spoke to each other like adults and sorted our differences out. As far as Jason and myself go - it's all good.

Sorry to derail the thread - normal programming can now resume!

make up sex is the best :luhv:

Steady On - you said thats how people say sorry in America lol

I do think it is funny when people go out of their way to voice and state their opinions but rage out if someone attempts to have a simple discussion

I took a paragraph to say what took you a sentence, but exactly my point. (thumbs u

If the psychoanalysis phase of this thread has drawn to a close, I made an obervation.

I've noticed there aren't as many first print Nowhere Men #1s being listed on Ebay anymore. Lotsa variants, but not many of those white beauties popping up. Why do you think that is?.

If the psychoanalysis phase of this thread has drawn to a close, I made an obervation.

I've noticed there aren't as many first print Nowhere Men #1s being listed on Ebay anymore. Lotsa variants, but not many of those white beauties popping up. Why do you think that is?.

I tend to find that after the initial feeding frenzy and people buy them up, there is a alot less flipping and more collecting/hoarders. People that pay over cover, sometimes multiples, aren't going to be able to make a profit, if they want to all. People buying to keep them, at least for now.

Another thing is that the 1st print was "so yesterday" and the Con variants are what's happening today....