• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Just a heads up guys. DO NOT BUY ORIGINAL ART FROM NATE BELLEGARDE!!

His site is fetorpse.bigcartel.com and he will ask you to send money as a personal/other and never send your items. I sent him $230 for a page from Nowhere Men and 2 variants. We exchanged many emails over a months time. Every email was an excuse why he hadn't shipped yet. Now he doesn't reply at all and i can't get my money back through paypal.

I would never have thought an image artist would do such a thing.

The creator of this book is such a cool person that he (E.S.) has sent some of us a signed copy on his own dime. Who else does that??

I guess all i can do now is try and prevent the same thing from happening to you guys. I saw someone post a pic of issue 2's cover, i'd like to know how you got that. The sad part is this was going to be my first OA piece, now i would rather not risk my hard earned money.

Edited by Dannyboy0076

Monday morning blues...

Sucks that a creator is put on blast like this since it's a bit understandable they're probably very busy individuals, but to take so long to take care of your customers/fans after a purchase is really not fair either and sucks for the buyer too... I assume this'll get sorted out ASAP now.

:popcorn:

Just a heads up guys. DO NOT BUY ORIGINAL ART FROM NATE BELLEGARDE!!

His site is fetorpse.bigcartel.com and he will ask you to send money as a personal/other and never send your items. I sent him $230 for a page from Nowhere Men and 2 variants. We exchanged many emails over a months time. Every email was an excuse why he hadn't shipped yet. Now he doesn't reply at all and i can't get my money back through paypal.

I would never have thought an image artist would do such a thing.

The creator of this book is such a cool person that he (E.S.) has sent some of us a signed copy on his own dime. Who else does that??

I guess all i can do now is try and prevent the same thing from happening to you guys. I saw someone post a pic of issue 2's cover, i'd like to know how you got that. The sad part is this was going to be my first OA piece, now i would rather not risk my hard earned money.

bring the emails to him at a convention, make a scene, if he doesn't deliver then sue him.

I've dealt with Nate, he's a nice guy....he's probably busy...creators aren't your typical ebay shippers as they can sometimes (often) take longer. I think I waited 2 months for my first OA from Tyler Jenkins......once you go rabid it's no wonder he's not immediately responding.

It will probably be over a month for Chris (five ghosts) to send me my OA, no biggie, that's the nature of dealing with people on crazy schedules.

Nate even sent me a free signed print of another piece of his art.....you'll get your stuff eventually, try not to go nuclear quite so quick.

Edited by krighton

I got this from Nate last week - seems like a very genuine guy, just really busy. Doubt you have anything to worry about

"That's no problem. Thanks for supporting the book!

Unfortunately, due to the time and effort necessary to keep Nowhere Men on a monthly schedule and the competing demands of shipping out multiple orders, original art from Nowhere Men is not available for purchase at this time. My aim is to sell it online two months out of the year and hope to begin selling again in the fall. I will, however, sell original art in person at most comic conventions in the meantime."

So funny people here are sticking up for Nate, Just cause he draws a comic you like doesn't mean he should be off the hook for not mailing this guy what he paid for!

It's unacceptable and there is no excuse for it. If he has time eat, pee and sleep, he has time to run over to the post office.

Agreed with all the boardies here bud. Artists are incredibly busy. It took another artist of a popular title about 1 1/2 months to get his OA shipped to me. That is why they eventually transition these services to something like CCA. Just need to be patient and realize these guys have deadlines to meet so we can keep reading their issues each month!

Edited by Colicab

I don't think anyone is doubting someone's ability to be busy and to prioritize their deadlines. I think it is just a matter of being straight forward with someone who gives you their hard earned money. I'm sure Nate will get this all sorted out. I don't doubt him for a second.

so you mean the in-demand artist of the hottest Image book, who is too busy to put his art for sale online, and you had to seek out personally via email is taking a bit of extra time to mail out the page you bought, and won't respond to multiple emails?

:juggle:

I think you should be a bit patient. ;)

Edited by mattbird

First off , the tone of the emails were incredibly kind and understanding on my part. I was patient as could be. After quite a few promising to ship it the very next day and nothing ever happening, i came here. And to be fair, i was never mean or nasty, but i told him that if nothing gets worked out then this is what it would come to. How long am i supposed to wait while he ignores the emails? All it would take is 30 minutes to box up some stuff and run to the post office. His girlfriend even explained to me that that was her job! Still nothing!!

And i'm the bad guy???? I guess since he's an artist and is soooo busy that i was just supposed to get burned and keep my mouth shut.

And about the comment that i rummaged around and found his personal email and blah blah blah. He has a website that he sells art on guy!! How is that cyberstalking or anything else? I sent an email thru the contact tab and he responded almost immediately. I'm just trying to prevent one of you from the same thing and i get called out for it? Awesome!!

Thank you to the few people that are on my side!

Edited by Dannyboy0076

not sure how many people have had to resort to veiled threats to get an artist to mail a piece of OA after just 30 days. I'd be shocked if a piece were mailed out quicker than 2 or 3 weeks.

Ah well, if you have a piece of Nate art now i'd hang on to it, I doubt he'll be offering any online anytime soon after this episode.

maybe I just have more patience with these guys knowing their work demands. If you had played it a bit cooler you could have probably ended up with some free stuff besides the OA.

Edited by krighton