• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Mattbird: I dunno what :think: is supposed to refer to when I indicated I bid on something...LMAO.

E.S.: I didn't mean to step on anyone's ....I'm sorry if it came off this way. It just appeared that there was a witch hunt for ol' Dannyboy and I came to his defense. I implicitly understood every limitation everyone had relating to Nate-gate. Yes, I get it...he's busy and can't deal with every little request someone has. Should people be more patient and tolerant: yes, myself included.

Do we love Nowhere Men and Nate.....yes. We dig you as well and are surely glad you entertain our insanity in these forums. You're correct that every fart that blows should not be aired here.

Don't get the wrong impression however. I just was the 3rd person involved in the aforementioned issue and wanted to reinforce that Dannyboy didn't just come in here busting caps without having attempted to resolve the issue multiple times and without harming anyone in the process. He shouldn't be demonized for that......and neither should Nate for being an artist that has very little time available as result of all the good press.

I wish nothing but increased success for Nate and all the projects you're working on.

yeah, it will be quite some time before OA is going to be offered by Nate online....see him at a con or forget it. Hopefully word doesn't start to spread among the Image artists and they raise the drawbridges.

Edited by krighton

yeah, it will be quite some time before OA is going to be offered by Nate online....see him at a con or forget it. Hopefully word doesn't start to spread among the Image artists and they raise the drawbridges.

+1 that would make me said.

Hey E.S.-

Perhaps tell Nate to contact jjeanius on these boards. His CCA website is great and really helps out the artists in eliminated them from not dealing with the drama. He is also a really reasonable person to talk/deal with.

yeah splash pages are often times as much as a cover, it varies from artist to artist. I think a certain modern cover was going for around $3500 but that's because I had heard he didn't really want to sell them.

You can buy it, but you'll pay.

Edited by krighton

ES keeps sounding like someone who HAS to be a member of the OFG.

No,no he doesn't Jimmy.

The Australian chapter says "No"

. There's always a middle ground, and better still, there's a high road. Generally speaking, both lead to better places.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

That all sounds well and good, Eric. However, in this case, the 'middle ground' was attempted by one party, and the high ground would have involved blindly hoping the art got sent at some point.

IMHO, I'd ve been a little concerned as well if I'd been told 'the art is packed and ready to ship' and 'the art is being sealed', only to subsequently have nothing be sent.

I get excited to tune in and see what's up, yet find new drama... A bit expected at this point... But underwhelming.

I will say the outcome for me has been a greater respect for e.s. - not in a buttkissy way. Because he comes on and speaks his mind and doesn't sugar coat it... Also he says 'fcuk'. Respect.

As for the drama, sorry for adding to it.