• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

It's a hold in my book. This series has *immense* potential. A 9.8 TB in even 8 months is a $1000 book.

I agree wholeheartedly with you that this series has immense potential, but $1000 for a TB #1 in approx 8 months! hm

I can only hope that mine come back 9.8's if that's the case! lol

Just look at Saga RRP. The book could be had for a few hundred over the summer. It's now a borderline $1000 book. And I expect fewer 9.8s of the TB. And I expect this series to rocket in popularity. Get in on the ground floor, folks, because this one's going right to the top.

Edited by Manifesto

:hi: e.s.

Still subjecting yourself to the haters amongst us I see lol

Don't let their neurosis cramp your style.

BTW, #2c and #3c both are awesome covers (thumbs u

R

I love Nowhere Men and I apologised I didn't mean any harm. Not cool Ryan, not cool.

It's a hold in my book. This series has *immense* potential. A 9.8 TB in even 8 months is a $1000 book.

I agree wholeheartedly with you that this series has immense potential, but $1000 for a TB #1 in approx 8 months! hm

I can only hope that mine come back 9.8's if that's the case! lol

Just look at Saga RRP. The book could be had for a few hundred over the summer. It's now a borderline $1000 book. And I expect fewer 9.8s of the TB. And I expect this series to rocket in popularity. Get in on the ground floor, folks, because this one's going right to the top.

Don't remind me of that! I'm still :sorry: I didn't pick up a Saga #1 RRP when I had the chance...

:cry:

Well you did say you had 350 of them.

Yeah, I realize that the main way the Internet works is for people to take a statement and make sure it's repeated in as many places as possible, as inaccurately as possible, but no, I never said anything of the sort.

I said there were 350 comps.

There were four people working on the book, so even if I got a full 1/4 of that number, I would only have received 87. But comps don't just go to the creative team, they also go the publishing staff (of which there are 14 at Image, not counting myself), plus there are people outside our office who regularly receive comps. (The owners of the company, representatives of other publishers we trade comps with, etc.)

I got 50. 25 of those went to Flying Colors in Concord, CA; the rest were given to friends and family.

Oh, and I have one at home, which is kind of tea/coffee/wine stained and dog-eared at this point. Are there negative numbers in the CGC grading system? Because this would be that.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

I have two things to say - tea/coffee/wine stained Variant?

Can you get me a job at Image where I get comps?

i am a fan of NWM. But it is not fair to compare NWM to Saga.

Please explain. (shrug)

i am very green when it comes to this hobby. that being said, when a comic has the hearts and minds of females, it tends to bode very well for longevity.

again, this is anything BUT a knock on NWM.

Please explain. (shrug)

i am very green when it comes to this hobby. that being said, when a comic has the hearts and minds of females, it tends to bode very well for longevity.

lol fair point. I was only comparing the two books' (RRP and TB) potential. Nowhere Men may not be there yet. But ES and Nate Bellegarde are putting a really good book together. Lurkers: READ THIS BOOK!

Please explain. (shrug)

lol fair point. I was only comparing the two books' (RRP and TB) potential. Nowhere Men may not be there yet. But ES and Nate Bellegarde are putting a really good book together. Lurkers: READ THIS BOOK!

I love how much EXTRA work Eric and Nate are putting into the book.

- New covers

- Talking on the boards

- Pimping the book

NWM is by far my favorite...

Even better then Saga IMO

It gives me the same feeling when I read books like Planetary, WE3, LOEG...

It is evolving each time I read it and I can't help but want to go back and read it again to see what I might have missed.

I am getting the most bang for my buck...that's for sure...

Please explain. (shrug)

I love how much EXTRA work Eric and Nate are putting into the book.

- New covers

- Talking on the boards

- Pimping the book

Pimping the book? Wonder how much Nate and Eric are charging to sneak a peek at the next issue's "interior" hm

:hi: e.s.

Still subjecting yourself to the haters amongst us I see lol

Don't let their neurosis cramp your style.

BTW, #2c and #3c both are awesome covers (thumbs u

R

I love Nowhere Men and I apologised I didn't mean any harm. Not cool Ryan, not cool.

Not cool? Your right, I'm not cool. lol

I wasn't point a finger at anyone specifically (didn't even absorb your comment), but sense you are sensitive about it.... hm

:foryou:

Yeah I took it to heart I've been a fan from page 1 of this thread and I was first to post information about the Thought Bubble variant so to be called a hater hurt a little. No worries though.

Didn't call "you" one and "hater" is a loose term. Psycho is too extreme. Chump, too soft. Hater just fits right in there... lol

Yay soccer (or futbol, or rugby)!!

Oh, and I have one at home, which is kind of tea/coffee/wine stained and dog-eared at this point. Are there negative numbers in the CGC grading system? Because this would be that.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Eric.. you should see the reader set that I've been passing around. Those white covers pick up all sorts of stuff. Everyone has loved it so far and I've been seeing it at the local shops in larger qty lately!

Well, judging from Twitter, Tumblr and email, we actually have a pretty fair share of female readers.

And we moved as many t-shirts in women's sizes as men's, for what that's worth.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com