• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

i am very green when it comes to this hobby. that being said, when a comic has the hearts and minds of females, it tends to bode very well for longevity.

Well, judging from Twitter, Tumblr and email, we actually have a pretty fair share of female readers.

And we moved as many t-shirts in women's sizes as men's, for what that's worth.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

This is a trend I have noticed, and commented on numerous times, over the past 3 - 4 years - there are a ton of female readers/collectors in comics now. FWIW, at the local show a couple of weeks ago I had more female collectors check out my NWM #1 (1st) than any of the Saga issues I had on the table. In fact, I sold more NWM #1s($25 apiece, except for one to a another dealer for $20) than Saga issues combined.

Plus the indirect influence from the plain fact that I find it much easier to collect books that my wife is interested in and wants to read as well. My wife reads NWM before I do, but that just allows me to go after more copies. NWM is killing it with the covers now...and nothing beats being able to give a CBLDF as a gift with the not so subtle hint that a Comics Pro for me would make an awesom collective set. Bottom line...E.S. thanks for your, and Nate's, creative efforts. Regardless of gender or age, your books are reaching an excited audience. It is much appreciated.

I reread the first four issues last nite. It's almost alarming that this book is so successful, only because it is SO clever. Owning a bookstore, I see so many clever books go unnoticed, only to have to push the next Patterson. :cry:

I think this is my new fav' book. Keep it up E.C. and company!

Edited by cujobyte