• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I love this book and the story but it's like anything, out of sight, out of mind. No fresh material for this long will result in people forgetting about it.

Which I don't want to see.

Image has really dropped the ball with NWM as far as allowing the delays like this.

i hear what you're saying, but i do not feel that e.s. looks at this as a "bad" thing.

5 this month

6 next month

TPB in July - with SDCC pump-age

7 in August

Nods, and normally I would agree, but with so many new titles coming out(from Image alone), I would not let a budding series like NWM lull like they have.

Just for kicks, I am going to ask a couple LCSs this week to see if they feel the delay has hurt the book.

It's funny that you suggested that, because that was essentially stated without solicitation when I was at an LCS last week.

The guy behind the counter said he was pulling back orders on a few Image titles he felt were 'fizzling out'...NWM was amongst them. He cited the delays as being one of the factors.

Keep in mind, I didn't ask. He was saying this to another customer.

I don't even have a pull list at that particular LCS as I frequent a few and that joint isn't my favorite.

But I guess it does have an impact somehow. It may be one guy's opinion at one LCS, but I'd have to believe he can't be the only one out there thinking that.

My store owner asked me what the heck was going in because he knows I keep close attention to image books. He tells NWM has totally fallen out of the minds of his customers and he has had a bunch of people come in trying to unload some of them. He tells me that even though he hasn't had many cancel it from their pulls but nobody is Coming in looking for it anymore and nobody is

Talking about it.

We will see what happens after the next issuer drops, and for NWM sake, I hope it's a darn good issue.

Even if NWM #5 is a great issue, the damage has been done, but I hope it does not hit the book too hard as it is currently my favorite Image title. :wishluck:

As I stated here a couple of months ago when they delayed #4 so they could put out reprints to catch everyone up, the smarter play would have been to keep on time and release all of the #1-3 reprints on the same day. It is basic business etiquette - deliver on time to keep your paying customers happy.

I have heard the same thing said about Saga dropping in demand at two LCSs as well (I posted it here a month or so ago). They said that Saga had peaked and they were seeing lower sales and people dropping it from their files. In addition, they had hit the point where they were overordering for shelf copies and would likely be pulling back on it. hm

On the flip side, both of the LCS owners (multiple stores) I talked to said that no matter how many extra copies of WD they order, within a couple of weeks they are all gone. lol

Edited by kimik

i hear what you're saying, but i do not feel that e.s. looks at this as a "bad" thing.

5 this month

6 next month

TPB in July - with SDCC pump-age

7 in August

I question this release plan, to be honest. Like I posted above, the smarter move would have been to keep #4 on time and just release all of the reprints on the same day - that would have resulted in higher 2nd/3rd print sales as new readers would have had a chance to catch up all at once.

As far as the TPB, I would have delayed that to SDCC but kept the book on time so there would have been a new issue released at the same time, along with another round of reprints. If the TPB is viewed as a key event as it collects the first arc, then releasing it at SDCC along with the first issue of the next story arc should result in a higher profile and increased sales of the book going forward.

As I stated here a couple of months ago when they delayed #4 so they could put out reprints to catch everyone up, the smarter play would have been to keep on time and release all of the #1-3 reprints on the same day. It is basic business etiquette - deliver on time to keep your paying customers happy.

+1 on this. Reprints hitting same day as the new issue means multiple purchases from people catching up. Seems simple to me.

I think e.s. and his team know what they are doing. I mean they have been slowly creeping up in market share. And DC has been dropping.

I remember a few weeks ago there was that unreceived OA post that led to a huge debate and e.s. coming in saying Nate's hometown has been being nailed by weather and all sorts of problems. I figure that is the cause of the delay, so it was really out of their hands. I'm only guessing this was the problem.

#1 - 11/28/2012

#2 - 12/19/2012

#3 - 01/30/2013

#4 - 03/13/2013

#1 5th printing - 04/24/2013? <- Last release of any cover, but that is according to Midtown Comics. I know they were a week behind on most of the other printings, so I don't know if that was the date for all comic book stores.

Nobody is questioning the quality of NWM, just the erratic and somewhat delayed publishing. People are fickle as has been pointed out several times. Their attention spans aren't long enough to hold fast to a series that appears to have disappeared.

That said, I'm still eagerly awaiting the next issue but it would be truly sad if this hiatus has damaged the brand irrevocably.

Nobody is questioning the quality of NWM, just the erratic and somewhat delayed publishing. People Speculators are fickle as has been pointed out several times. Their attention spans aren't long enough to hold fast to a series that appears to have disappeared.

Fixed it for you :thumbsup:

Most regular comic book buyers couldn't care less if a book is delayed for a month.

Nobody is questioning the quality of NWM.

WRONG! :baiting:

Just messing around, but seriously, the long waits do suck for those enjoying it. Hopefully it gets released soon so you guys can continue to pretend to like it :)lol