• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I read on another thread that ES is pissed about the CBDLF books now? So let me get this straight he doesn't want to talk about a book he is passionate about, doesn't like speculators, and doesn't seem to care about readers that not only keep this title alive but also his brand image in general. Let me think....even if I thought this was the best book in the world that alone would make me move on.

So let me get this straight he doesn't want to talk about a book he is passionate about,

Citation please.

doesn't like speculators,

Citation please.

and doesn't seem to care about readers that not only keep this title alive but also his brand image in general.

Citation please.

Or did you just make all that up?

I read on another thread that ES is pissed about the CBDLF books now? So let me get this straight he doesn't want to talk about a book he is passionate about, doesn't like speculators, and doesn't seem to care about readers that not only keep this title alive but also his brand image in general. Let me think....even if I thought this was the best book in the world that alone would make me move on.

You might not have been around for it and it's pretty far back in the thread, so I'll condense what happened...He seemed to get a little bent out of shape about some of the CBLDF variants being offered up for pre-order by a well-meaning boardie.

IIRC one of the guys from the blowout forum found out about the pre-sale --> got mad --> came here mad --> e.s. had to respond because of the firestorm this caused --> e.s. disappeared after this and questions about OA shipment delays and the first book delay.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Wow so much drama I missed. (shrug)

Ant btw Katchoo I'm not going to go thru and quote 5 different posts on here or looks up exactly word for word. The simple fact that the creative team has not responded to any info on the book is a bad bad sign.

Edited by natevegas

So let me get this straight he doesn't want to talk about a book he is passionate about,

Citation please.

Citation please.

and doesn't seem to care about readers that not only keep this title alive but also his brand image in general.

Citation please.

Just posting these for clarification.

1. I wish I could find the link to the CBR live blog where he declined to answer a question about NWM, but it has been scrubbed. Here is a link to the scrubbed version - Image Expo CBR Live Blog There are a few people here who were there that witnessed it, so I'll let them speak to this.

2. Here a link to the article where he briefly discusses his distaste for speculators: Eric Stephenson on the Rise (and More Rise) of Image Comics

3. I've got nothing

Edited by awakeintheashes

Katchoo......are you E.S. or Nate? :wink:

You're right tho, E.S. has no responsibilitiy to tell us anything about the delays and he's perfectly within his right to ignore the forums as well as be tight lipped at cons. He SHOULD hate speculators because we're nothing but filth that denegrate the sanctity of his beloved book (which he doesn't see fit to write with any regularity).

He SHOULD defend artists that cannot put things in the mail because of the weather and at every turn he should seem like a pretty wound up tightass because it's very becoming of a publisher of a comic book company.

Of course all that should be followed up by a tantrum about all the aforementioned things resulting in his exodus from the forums, because it's very adult-like.

Ant btw Katchoo I'm not going to go thru and quote 5 different posts on here or looks up exactly word for word. The simple fact that the creative team has not responded to any info on the book is a bad bad sign.

There are a million reasons why they can't or won't say anything about the delays just now. It amazes me how people are so quick to assume the worst of someone over such petty things.

There are a million reasons why they can't or won't say anything about the delays just now. It amazes me how people are so quick to assume the worst of someone over such petty things.

I thought assuming the worst was your job? :foryou: and :baiting: and <3

If it weren't for speculators NWM would be stuffed in the back issue boxes with no cbldf, no multiple prints and no other variants and may have been cancelled at about issue 5 anyway.

Good riddance

Edited by CallMeSang

Citation please.

Citation please.

Citation please.

Just posting these for clarification.

1. I wish I could find the link to the CBR live blog where he declined to answer a question about NWM, but it has been scrubbed. Here is a link to the scrubbed version - Image Expo CBR Live Blog There are a few people here who were there that witnessed it, so I'll let them speak to this.

2. Here a link to the article where he briefly discusses his distaste for speculators: Eric Stephenson on the Rise (and More Rise) of Image Comics

3. I've got nothing

1. I didn't pay a lot of attention to that at the time but I thought it was just that Kirkman said to him "do you want to talk about Nowhere Men?" and he said no? There is obviously something happening behind the scenes right now that's delaying NWM and he has the right to discuss that when the time is right. I'm not in the business of just assuming someone is trying to screw fans over just because there is little information on a delay.

2. I don't think there are many creators who would disagree with him on his opinion there in that article. Other creators in here have said things along the lines of "hey, leave some copies for others, eh?". Plenty of retailers limit their comics to one per customer for that same reason. Fairness basically.

3. Me neither.

You're right tho, E.S. has no responsibilitiy to tell us anything about the delays and he's perfectly within his right to ignore the forums as well as be tight lipped at cons. He SHOULD hate speculators because we're nothing but filth that denegrate the sanctity of his beloved book (which he doesn't see fit to write with any regularity).

He SHOULD defend artists that cannot put things in the mail because of the weather and at every turn he should seem like a pretty wound up tightass because it's very becoming of a publisher of a comic book company.

Of course all that should be followed up by a tantrum about all the aforementioned things resulting in his exodus from the forums, because it's very adult-like.

How many variants do you have? lol

Got a few, but that isn't the crux of my view. I've got my bigboy pants on speculating in silver age keys. The moderns are just for z and giggles. But my commentary remains the same: silence is unprofessional. E.S. doesn't run Area 51, he's dealing with comic books...

Even at the con with Kirkman. One sentence wouldn't have been too difficult to utter. Instead he got his panties all bunched up.

Got a few, but that isn't the crux of my view. I've got my bigboy pants on speculating in silver age keys. The moderns are just for z and giggles. But my commentary remains the same: silence is unprofessional. E.S. doesn't run Area 51, he's dealing with comic books...

Even at the con with Kirkman. One sentence wouldn't have been too difficult to utter. Instead he got his panties all bunched up.

This is one of those times no news isn't good news. hm

Silence until there is something substantial to say is professional in my view.

The fact is, although you're saying you'd like him to say _something_, the chances are whatever he could say wouldn't be good enough because the book would still be late and that's like the apocalypse for some speculators. He probably knows that no matter what he says, people will still complain, so why bother until he has something substantial to say?