• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

current release dates link

https://www.imagecomics.com/comics/series/nowhere-men

#6 Sept 11th

trade with 1-6 Sept 25th

#7 Oct 2nd

:roflmao: who wants to start a pool to pick the actual release date for #6?

I think they should cancel it and just release more colors of #1. I'm really looking forward to the 'Pale Nimbus White' and 'Royal Sapphire Pearl' variants. Maybe something loud like a fire engine red to really set off my kitchen.

current release dates link

https://www.imagecomics.com/comics/series/nowhere-men

#6 Sept 11th

trade with 1-6 Sept 25th

#7 Oct 2nd

:roflmao: who wants to start a pool to pick the actual release date for #6?

I think they should cancel it and just release more colors of #1. I'm really looking forward to the 'Pale Nimbus White' and 'Royal Sapphire Pearl' variants. Maybe something loud like a fire engine red to really set off my kitchen.

:takeit:lol

Man, the wrath creators receive when speculation goes wrong lol

No speculation here. I've got one run with a beautiful copy of #3 signed by e.s., which I'll never part with. With that said, this is like a train wreck or a barn fire that I can't look away from.

Man, the wrath creators receive when speculation goes wrong lol

I disagree, people wait for delays all the time......but if the creators are asked about it and he refuses to talk about it for whatever reason..... That's when people get mad.

What of you didn't show up for work for months at a time, would that go over well with people?

I think his approach has killed this book just as much as the delays have 2c

People were mad way before he was asked about it and didn't have any comment. That's just an excuse people are using now either because they have never learnt how to be patient or because they're financially invested in it and have lost money.

I don't see anyone getting mad about the delays of Whispers. But then it didn't have a huge boom in prices and attract all the speculators. Coincidence? hm

People were mad way before he was asked about it and didn't have any comment. That's just an excuse people are using now either because they have never learnt how to be patient or because they're financially invested in it and have lost money.

I don't see anyone getting mad about the delays of Whispers. But then it didn't have a huge boom in prices and attract all the speculators. Coincidence? hm

I already said that people don't have a problem waiting....people have had a problem with ES and Nate from day 1 , art was paid for and never delivered for months, and every excuse was given.......it just snowballed from there. ES was on here and I talked to him many times by PM, He even sent me a nice freebie......he then got mad becasue a boardie was pre-selling the CBLDF books, and he dissapeared...........Like I said, ES was always a nice guy to me anyway, I personally think its all Nates fault, not getting the art on time and ES is trying not to throw him under the bus. Too bad the book has to suffer becasue of it. I hope they get it back on track, i would pick up the trades to read.

I find it funny that some people toss the word speculator around like its taboo, a bad thing, or an insult.

Speculators are just as good as they are bad and are a vital part of the comic industry. To say otherwise shows pure ignorance.

I am a speculator, a collector, and an avid reader. Yep, all 3. Get over it.

Back on topic,

I want my damn NWM and I will pout, stomp my feet, and beatch until I get it. If you don't like it tough. That's what this thread is for ...NWM. The good, bad and the ugly.

If you were meaning me and you were reading insults in my posts when I use the word "speculator" then you put them there because it didn't come from me. :)

I expect nothing less than feet stomping in this thread since the last god knows how many pages have been full of it. But mummy they said it'd be out every month!! Where's my comic book?? It's not FAIR! Wahhhhhhh!!

I find it funny that some people toss the word speculator around like its taboo, a bad thing, or an insult.

Speculators are just as good as they are bad and are a vital part of the comic industry. To say otherwise shows pure ignorance.

I am a speculator, a collector, and an avid reader. Yep, all 3. Get over it.

Back on topic,

I want my damn NWM and I will pout, stomp my feet, and beatch until I get it. If you don't like it tough. That's what this thread is for ...NWM. The good, bad and the ugly.

Sing it brotha!

I already said that people don't have a problem waiting....people have had a problem with ES and Nate from day 1 , art was paid for and never delivered for months, and every excuse was given.......it just snowballed from there. ES was on here and I talked to him many times by PM, He even sent me a nice freebie......he then got mad becasue a boardie was pre-selling the CBLDF books, and he dissapeared...........Like I said, ES was always a nice guy to me anyway, I personally think its all Nates fault, not getting the art on time and ES is trying not to throw him under the bus. Too bad the book has to suffer becasue of it. I hope they get it back on track, i would pick up the trades to read.

1) I like Nowhere Men, I own no physical copies of the book (besides my purple variant, which is personalized and I would never sell anyway because it was a gift) and I'm still not happy that it's not on time. You don't need to be invested in the book to be unhappy about it. I think it's a bit extreme to claim that Eric and Nate aren't invested in the book or don't care about the fans/speculators because the book is behind. As a fan of Planetary, I guess I can live with 2-3 issues per year and I can wait for the book to get on schedule.

2) Eric was on the boards after the CBLDF presale debacle (and it was a debacle) and posted for fans. If I were Eric, I'd be upset about the CBLDF presale as well. Part of the reason why you do a con variant isn't just to make money on the variant sales, but also to bring people to your booth and get them to buy other stuff as well (and CBLDF ALWAYS has cool stuff at their table, like Alan Moore signed trades).

3) Who knows why Eric finally left the boards? Again, he posted after the CBLDF stuff. My guess? He's a busy dude and the boards can be an absolute time suck (I can't tell you how many times I've had to stay late because something awesome/funny/trainwrecky was happening on the boards). During the whole Sadfan memeapalooza, I got ZERO done at work. If I had to guess, Eric is focused on the day job, which has been insane right now (Image is releasing a ton of new books in the next year and I'm sure that E.S. has been heavily involved in the new projects from Fraction, Brubaker, Remender, McCormick, etc. I'd imagine that Image is also working on bringing more big names into the fold to keep the momentum going).

There's reason to be annoyed with the constant delays, but, in the famous words of the beloved Matthew Berry "The hate has gone too far." At worst, there will never be another issue of Nowhere Men, which would make it similar to a LOT of other independent comic projects. At best, the book gets back on time. There is nothing happening here that hasn't happened before (even if it sucks) many a time.

At worst, there will never be another issue of Nowhere Men, which would make it similar to a LOT of other independent comic projects. At best, the book gets back on time. There is nothing happening here that hasn't happened before (even if it sucks) many a time.

"That is factually correct"