• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller/Klaus Janson Signatures....DD #184

11 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm new here, not new to comics, but definitely new to signatures on them. I recently procured an Daredevil #184 signed by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson. Unlike other sigs I've seen, this one is on the interior, first page at the bottom in the margin.

My first question is if this is common? (as opposed to a cover autograph)

And secondly, how much does a unverifiable signature(s) increase a books value? (or at least this one)\

Sorry for the noob questions, but I would appreciate your thoughts.

Hello all,

I'm new here, not new to comics, but definitely new to signatures on them. I recently procured an Daredevil #184 signed by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson. Unlike other sigs I've seen, this one is on the interior, first page at the bottom in the margin.

My first question is if this is common? (as opposed to a cover autograph)

[font:Book Antiqua]A: Sometimes this happen, specially books signed before 1990 or if you ask for the books to be sign somewhere else.[/font]

And secondly, how much does a unverifiable signature(s) increase a books value? (or at least this one)\

[font:Book Antiqua]A: Almost nothing, if is real and belong to you be happy and enjoy it, but almost no resale value...[/font]

Sorry for the noob questions, but I would appreciate your thoughts.

I think you are more likely to get a better price if you have it green slabbed. Whether it's worth the grading fee would depend on the condition. I still think Miller is a prettty rare signature and if it's a high grade, people would still pay for it. At least on EBay.....

I think you are more likely to get a better price if you have it green slabbed. Whether it's worth the grading fee would depend on the condition. I still think Miller is a prettty rare signature and if it's a high grade, people would still pay for it. At least on EBay.....

Nah - taking into account the grading fee, you're going to be better off keeping the book raw.