• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see those NYCC sketch covers

207 posts in this topic

First of all, those sketches are awesome, That Phoenix looks amazing. And Now, I'm going to be "That New Guy with the silly question:

You guys are saying you're picking up at the con etc etc, how does that work? Do you contact the artist beforehand and discuss price and what you'd like and they have them waiting for you at the con until you pay them? Or maybe pay them beforehand? And how does that work with CGC and the SS label?

I figure most of you in this thread would know these answers and I also apologize if it's in bad taste to post these questions here.

Thanks, yes the artist is contacted before the show. He/she is either paid at the show or in advance depending on what you work out with him/her. If you are getting something CGCed either a sketch cover or a sketch in the CGC inner well plastic you simply pick the sketch up from the artist with CGC.

All of my paper sketches are going home with me without any cgc. The covers I pick up will be cgced.

CampbellBatgirl.jpg

Campbell Batgirl

Just closed a deal on this so ill be picking it up next week also.

It takes a lot to make me A) speechless and B) jealous.

With your sig line you have achieved both, and this one just makes it more so.

Thanks, yes the artist is contacted before the show. He/she is either paid at the show or in advance depending on what you work out with him/her. If you are getting something CGCed either a sketch cover or a sketch in the CGC inner well plastic you simply pick the sketch up from the artist with CGC.

All of my paper sketches are going home with me without any cgc. The covers I pick up will be cgced.

Thank you, learning new things everyday.