• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see those NYCC sketch covers

207 posts in this topic

My very first con and sketch cover. I asked Matteo Scalera for sort of a battle-torn Deadpool. Here's what I got:

Scalera_zps6a636a33.jpg

Deadpool1_zps555de145.jpg

Haha. He was like, yeah, I went a little crazy with it. Certainly unique! Wasn't able to get it witnessed for SS because he was done late and I had to leave last night, but It's all good. If I did submit it for preservation's sake, would I just end up with a "qualified" grade?

Also, anyone have tips as to how to get some of the bigger artists for sketch covers (Alvin Lee, David Finch, Paolo Rivera, etc.)? Is that generally stuff you set up pre-con? Or do you just go to their booth like immediately when it opens? Thanks!

Posting my sketches. Thanks to Doug (dscott) for picking them up for me (worship)

Declan Shalvey (new Venom artist)

declan-shalvey-venom.jpg

Robert Atkins

robert-atkins-winter-soldier.jpg

Danny Cruz #1 (done a while ago, he just dropped them off at NYCC)

danny-cruz-venom-final.jpg

Danny Cruz #2

danny-cruz-weaponx.jpg

I think the four favorite sketches I picked up this year were

In no order

Batgirl by ema

Revival by Tim

Batgirl by clay Mann

Hope by brooks

Though I really dig the ebas Emma frost as well

My very first con and sketch cover. I asked Matteo Scalera for sort of a battle-torn Deadpool. Here's what I got:

Scalera_zps6a636a33.jpg

Deadpool1_zps555de145.jpg

Haha. He was like, yeah, I went a little crazy with it. Certainly unique! Wasn't able to get it witnessed for SS because he was done late and I had to leave last night, but It's all good. If I did submit it for preservation's sake, would I just end up with a "qualified" grade?

Also, anyone have tips as to how to get some of the bigger artists for sketch covers (Alvin Lee, David Finch, Paolo Rivera, etc.)? Is that generally stuff you set up pre-con? Or do you just go to their booth like immediately when it opens? Thanks!

Rivera its best to contact him before con. Finch and Lee, just go there 1st thing at the con