• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Trade Weekend Trading Thread

90 posts in this topic

I'll give it until Wednesday to get input on it. As long as no one is opposed we'll go with February 2nd & 3rd. (thumbs u

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feb 3rd is the Super Bowl. Just making you aware

not sure that will matter all that much unless you have tickets!

i'm pretty sure most people go to/or host super bowl parties and such and their participation on sunday would be very limited. i'd only be putting up like 3 or 4 books for trade, and obviously majority rules. if the masses want it that weekend then i can't object. but for me i'd probably be awol that sunday

I too probably wouldn't be that available that Sunday after, say, 3 or so but The Game shouldn't inhibit my participation the 40 hours or so that precedes it.

Alright... looks like Feb 9th & 10th will work. I'll get the trade thread itself set up on Friday the 8th to give everyone time to set up. I'll also set up a discussion thread along with an announcement in Comics General.

My participation will be contingent on what I have left after the VCC this weekend (Jan 19th & 20th). I'm going to be listing a bunch of SS & sketches for sale along with a few raw books and some blanks I have lying around that I now realize I'm never going to do anything with.

Is everyone ready for this weekend? I'll set up the actual trade thread Friday morning. That should give everyone time to post their books. I'd like to encourage the use of thumbnails to make it easier to scroll through everyone's posted books. (thumbs u

Any good tips for a first time participant?

Undervalue all your books and overvalue mine. lol

That has always worked for me. :luhv:

got it! (thumbs u

no wait a second hm

ah ha! :idea:

I think you're being tricky! (tsk)

Any good tips for a first time participant?
1) Don't get discouraged if a trade doesn't pan out. I don't think I was able to successfully work anything out the first time we did this.

2) Be willing to compromise, give and take is important.

3) Try to not look at everything in terms of market value.