• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ignored!!!

540 posts in this topic

I don't get it either, to be perfectly honest. I've never put anyone in ignore in 10 years, even though there are a couple of members on here who I feel write nothing but absolute mess.

Right. Even if someone was personally attacking me I can't see myself putting my hands over my ears and eyes. I enjoy watching arguments unfold around here. There should be less ignoring and more type-yelling.

Part of the problem is that some people here are judgmental.

Put someone on ignore? They claim that you have thin skin.

Don't put someone on ignore? They claim that you purposely try to get into fights with people.

Put on ignore but toggle posts? They claim you have no self control.

It's never ending. That's why I just be myself and let the chips fall where they may. (shrug)

I don't get it either, to be perfectly honest. I've never put anyone in ignore in 10 years, even though there are a couple of members on here who I feel write nothing but absolute mess.

Right. Even if someone was personally attacking me I can't see myself putting my hands over my ears and eyes. I enjoy watching arguments unfold around here. There should be less ignoring and more type-yelling.

Don't put someone on ignore? They claim that you purposely try to get into fights with people.

It's never ending. That's why I just be myself and let the chips fall where they may. (shrug)

Dont worry, it doesnt matter anyways. Cal just ranks you by registry points anyways (thumbs u

I don't see a point because of the readily accessible toggle option. If you have trouble skipping the post or resisting the urge to engage someone, how does being one click away from seeing their post help all that much?

You would be amazed.

Dont worry, it doesnt matter anyways. Cal just ranks you by registry points anyways (thumbs u

Cal is my superior in all things at all times. Yours too.

Everyone is judgmental about everything. The important thing is whether or not that judgment has sound reasoning behind it or not.

I just judged your post. :baiting:

I don't see a point because of the readily accessible toggle option. If you have trouble skipping the post or resisting the urge to engage someone, how does being one click away from seeing their post help all that much?

The ignore function can be useful for those that can't control themselves. None of us are perfect. I have an impulsive personality so sometimes I need to set my boundaries in unconventional manners and do so. I have no problem with the ignore function at all although I've only placed one person on ignore that I can remember.

The problem I have with it is when someone is using the ignore function and then either abuses it by toggling and replying to argue or by letting other people know that they have someone on ignore. In both cases, the ignore function is now being ignored regurgitating the problem.

:facepalm:

That's just childish.

You would be amazed.

I agree. It gives some people that extra few seconds they need to think about what they are going to say rather than just fire it off the cuff...

I say we start a thread where each person posts all the members they have on ignore and why.

Then watch the mods go insane with the responses.

I have never put anyone on ignore. I may do it some day as it sounds like fun.

Everyone is judgmental about everything. The important thing is whether or not that judgment has sound reasoning behind it or not.

I judge you for your dubious video game opinions.

Your reasoning is sound.

I say we start a thread where each person posts all the members they have on ignore and why.

ooh, I think we have our friday thread in the making.

We had one of those threads a few months ago. Did not go well.

The ignore function can be useful for those that can't control themselves. None of us are perfect. I have an impulsive personality so sometimes I need to set my boundaries in unconventional manners and do so. I have no problem with the ignore function at all although I've only placed one person on ignore that I can remember.

I'm impulsive too, which is why a single click wouldn't stop me if I felt like mixing it up with someone.

My unconventional way of dealing with people I don't like is to find humor and entertainment in the ridiculousness, instead of taking things personally and/or getting butthurt. Then again, I tend to enjoy arguing because I'm a little bit of an arsehole.

I've fielded death threats and have been called a homosexual by 12 year-olds on Xbox live for said opinions.

What did you guys say? I can't see your posts because I have you on ignore.

I'm impulsive too, which is why a single click wouldn't stop me if I felt like mixing it up with someone.

My unconventional way of dealing with people I don't like is to find humor and entertainment in the ridiculousness, instead of taking things personally and/or getting butthurt. Then again, I tend to enjoy arguing because I'm a little bit of an arsehole.

Uncharted is the worst video game series ever.

Spider-man is a whiny

Russia produces the ugliest women of any region in the world.

I've fielded death threats and have been called a homosexual by 12 year-olds on Xbox live for said opinions.

This made me lol

Sure, but I get the feeling that you tend to think through what you're saying. You don't just fire it off the cuff. Those few extra seconds that the toggle gives you might mean the world to someone who doesn't normally take the extra time.

Uncharted is the worst video game series ever.

Spider-man is a whiny

Russia produces the ugliest women of any region in the world.

I'm just happy when you acknowledge me.

I use it because some members never have anything positive to contribute. This is my hobby, it's supposed to be fun and having a place to discuss my hobby is supposed to add to that fun.

I believe I only have two on ignore now.