• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ignored!!!

540 posts in this topic

What is the purpose of putting someone on ignore? Surely you aren't so easily offended that you can't handle seeing the words of a fellow boardie. And, yes, I understand that some people are a little more annoying or trollie than others but...so? It's not like you can't just scroll past their posts if they're that bothersome. Enlighten me. Unless you all have me on ignore and no one wills see this post. hm

But seriously, I've never had anyone on ignore ever. In any forum I visit. Like you said, even if I don't like the poster I'll still occasionally glance at what they are saying or just scroll past it. Not that hard.

Erndog, who scrolls past Cals posts

What is the purpose of putting someone on ignore? Surely you aren't so easily offended that you can't handle seeing the words of a fellow boardie. And, yes, I understand that some people are a little more annoying or trollie than others but...so? It's not like you can't just scroll past their posts if they're that bothersome. Enlighten me. Unless you all have me on ignore and no one wills see this post. hm

It's so you don't have to read inane post's. Most people come on the boards to enjoy themselves, some come to troll and make retarded post's. I only have one board member on ignore after all these years.

I do it because sometimes I can't control myself and then I act like more of an ass than the people that I find to be annoying. It doesn't mean anything other to me than that I have determined that I have a problem with what that person posts. I have several people on Ignore whose posts I toggle and read all the time, because they are smart and/or they have cool comics. But the Ignore keeps me from spazzing out and/or being a to them.

I have others on Ignore whose posts I can only see in other people's quotes . . . :cloud9:

I don't get it either, to be perfectly honest. I've never put anyone in ignore in 10 years, even though there are a couple of members on here who I feel write nothing but absolute mess.

I don't get it either, to be perfectly honest. I've never put anyone in ignore in 10 years, even though there are a couple of members on here who I feel write nothing but absolute mess.

Right. Even if someone was personally attacking me I can't see myself putting my hands over my ears and eyes. I enjoy watching arguments unfold around here. There should be less ignoring and more type-yelling.

Right. Even if someone was personally attacking me I can't see myself putting my hands over my ears and eyes. I enjoy watching arguments unfold around here. There should be less ignoring and more type-yelling.

I don't see a point because of the readily accessible toggle option. If you have trouble skipping the post or resisting the urge to engage someone, how does being one click away from seeing their post help all that much?

I don't see a point because of the readily accessible toggle option. If you have trouble skipping the post or resisting the urge to engage someone, how does being one click away from seeing their post help all that much?

You aren't taking into account the satisfaction of imagining the look on someones face when they go to PM you only to find you have their on ignore :devil:

You aren't taking into account the satisfaction of imagining the look on someones face when they go to PM you only to find you have their on ignore :devil:

:facepalm:

I get more satisfaction from direct confrontation and trolling people if I think they are being ridiculous.

It's so you don't have to read inane post's. Most people come on the boards to enjoy themselves, some come to troll and make retarded post's. I only have one board member on ignore after all these years.

Out them! :baiting: