• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ignored!!!

540 posts in this topic

The ignore function can be useful for those that can't control themselves. None of us are perfect. I have an impulsive personality so sometimes I need to set my boundaries in unconventional manners and do so. I have no problem with the ignore function at all although I've only placed one person on ignore that I can remember.

I'm impulsive too, which is why a single click wouldn't stop me if I felt like mixing it up with someone.

My unconventional way of dealing with people I don't like is to find humor and entertainment in the ridiculousness, instead of taking things personally and/or getting butthurt. Then again, I tend to enjoy arguing because I'm a little bit of an arsehole.

Uncharted is the worst video game series ever.

Spider-man is a whiny

Russia produces the ugliest women of any region in the world.

I'm just happy when you acknowledge me.

My favorite of all time was Homerwannabee. He was the anti-Ignore candidate. I flocked to every thread he started, knowing it would be a cornucopia of redonkulous idiocy, each and every time.

I use it because some members never have anything positive to contribute. This is my hobby, it's supposed to be fun and having a place to discuss my hobby is supposed to add to that fun.

I believe I only have two on ignore now.

:whistle:

I dated a Russian girl a handful of years ago and she was decidedly non-ugly. Non-ugly to the max. Consider yourself ignored.

The ignore function can be useful for those that can't control themselves. None of us are perfect. I have an impulsive personality so sometimes I need to set my boundaries in unconventional manners and do so. I have no problem with the ignore function at all although I've only placed one person on ignore that I can remember.

I'm impulsive too, which is why a single click wouldn't stop me if I felt like mixing it up with someone.

My unconventional way of dealing with people I don't like is to find humor and entertainment in the ridiculousness, instead of taking things personally and/or getting butthurt. Then again, I tend to enjoy arguing because I'm a little bit of an arsehole.

Sure, but I get the feeling that you tend to think through what you're saying. You don't just fire it off the cuff. Those few extra seconds that the toggle gives you might mean the world to someone who doesn't normally take the extra time.

Not really. I mostly talk out of my spooner.

Uncharted is the worst video game series ever.

Spider-man is a whiny

I'm just happy when you acknowledge me.

My favorite of all time was Homerwannabee. He was the anti-Ignore candidate. I flocked to every thread he started, knowing it would be a cornucopia of redonkulous idiocy, each and every time.

I miss his threads, and I don't at the same time. Whenever he started a new thread, I knew that day was shot for me.

Mmehdy is one of my favorite posters for the same reason. I can't fathom how anyone could put him on ignore.

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Toggle the display of this post

(shrug)

I dated a Russian girl a handful of years ago and she was decidedly non-ugly. Non-ugly to the max. Consider yourself ignored.

Ditto. :sumo:

The only problem is that they are all cwazy. :gossip:

(shrug)

It said "ryanatlas is a weenie".

This is...probably true.

(shrug)

Oh. Makes sense. Mine said, "Andy likes weenies".

I admit to having a few people on ignore. 99% of the time, it's because their sigs have some age inappropriate stuff, and I have a tendency to leave a browser session of the boards minimized on my taskbar. With an inquisitive child in the household, it's more of a kid-friendly filter. I've tried turning off sigs and avatars after Dicey outed me some time ago, but I dislike visiting the boards and seeing things missing from the page. I've also managed to buy/sell some cool stuff because I visited sig links over the past 10 years I've been here, so I find the toggle on/off to be a good way to vet the graphic stuff. The 1% that are the exceptions is mostly just a knee-jerk response to a flub or past dust-up on the boards.

(shrug)

Oh. Makes sense. Mine said, "Andy likes weenies".

Dude, what happens in Woburn, MA stays in Woburn, MA. :makepoint:

They all claim to be reading Anna Karenina, yet can't discuss it...not that I'd want to.

Everyone is judgmental about everything. The important thing is whether or not that judgment has sound reasoning behind it or not.

I just judged your post. :baiting:

I judge you for your dubious video game opinions.

I've fielded death threats and have been called a homosexual by 12 year-olds on Xbox live for said opinions.

lol classic