• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm at my wits end

115 posts in this topic

Today might be the straw that broke the camels back.

I know people make posts/complain about their online ordering and buying experiences here, so please indulge me and mine.

I really don't know if I can take it anymore. Today I get a graded book in the mail that the seller shipped in nothing but a flimsy padded manila envelope. We can all guess what the outcome of that was.

Yep the case is cracked wide open.

I am sick and tired of having to pay return shipping on that sellers pack improperly and gets damaged. I'm tired of buying something the seller advertises as high grade, as in the case of a large lot of books I recently got, and they arrive and are VG and stink of mold. Really, I should have to pay the $25 to ship it back because this a-hole either can't grade books or just lied?

I've had somewhere between 200 and 300 transactions in the last 6 months on ebay and other online venues. I have easily had 10 to 20 failed transactions because of sellers who were either stupid, inconsiderate, and incompetent. In every case I've gotten my money back but I've had to pay return shipping. I'm out over $200 bucks at a minimum and I have NOTHING to show for it except frustration. The frustration and aggervation is probably worse than the money.

I've seen a lot of complaining from sellers about how they risk dealing with buyers who cause problems, lie about things, and try to rip them off, and are disappointed that ebay aways sides with the buyer. While I have a great deal of sympathy for you guys, honest buyers like myself don't have it much better.

ok WTF does this mean?

I sent the seller a message about the CGC book I just got that was cracked open. Here's my message:

Hello, I recieved the Superman 204 CGC 9.8 comic book delivery today. The CGC case was badly cracked, I assume during shipping due to you packing the book in nothing but a padded envelope.The book itself looks to be intact but the cost of shipping it to and from CGC to get re-holdered, and the fee for re-holdering will be as much as I paid for the book.I'd like to return it for a full refund including my shipping cost please. Please let me know where to ship the book. Thank you.

And his reply was:

Wow what did you get?

What does that even mean?

So why don't you research the person's feedback before clicking the button. If they have a history of satisfied comics buyers then you are all good. If not, then move on if you are not willing to roll the dice.

Why not email the seller. I just sold a GI Joe figure for a few dollars. The buyer asked if I could ship it with some bubble wrap so the figure did not get scratched up by the weapons in transit. Reasonable request. Okay... and done. I was not offended as I figured that he has been screwed over too many times.

Make your voice heard before the seller ships and ask any questions you may have before you decide to buy it now.

@buzzetta, in this paticular case the seller had 185 feedback and no negatives all satisfied customers. Not a high volume seller but someone who I see has sold a few books and should know how to pack and ship.

Why don't I email the seller, you mean before hand, like to ask them to not Fck up the shipping? Really? Sorry if that's what you mean I got nothing for you on that one.

Don't try to make it out to be my fault. That, it most certainly, is not.

Why don't I email the seller, you mean before hand, like to ask them to not Fck up the shipping?

Reasonable request if you ask me. Plenty of people do it.

Also look @ the auction & see how much the guy is charging for shipping & how they are shipping. If the shipping was cheap then...

Shipping was 10.40 "Expedited Shipping". I was expecting better than an envelope.

Why don't I email the seller, you mean before hand, like to ask them to not Fck up the shipping?

Reasonable request if you ask me. Plenty of people do it.

I have, for things that a seller might overlook, asked for specific things done on shipping. Like when I buy 20+ comics from someone I'll make sure they aren't just dumping them in a box. Oh and 2 times in the past they just ignored those requests anyway.

For a single slab, from someone who's feedback shows they've sold several recently, I'm sorry I just don't think it should be necessary.

It most certainly was not your fault and I don't think anyone was suggesting that. Often when I buy from sellers I ask them to please take care of my books and BOX ship them. I note that I'm willing to pay a couple bucks more if need be. While this doesn't always work out it certainly increases my chances I believe.

Envelope shipping is ALWAYS wrong.

@buzzetta, in this paticular case the seller had 185 feedback and no negatives all satisfied customers. Not a high volume seller but someone who I see has sold a few books and should know how to pack and ship.

Why don't I email the seller, you mean before hand, like to ask them to not Fck up the shipping? Really? Sorry if that's what you mean I got nothing for you on that one.

Don't try to make it out to be my fault. That, it most certainly, it is not.

I am not at all. I am just saying that if you have had this experience before, it does not hurt to simply include a message with payment that says, "Please be sure to box this item up."

I had to learn this lesson myself and now I always include it in every item I buy that I know would need to be boxed in order to maintain its condition.

A slab - please box

A silicone phone case - what-ev's

I don't think anyone here suggested you were at fault either.

As for how someone ships, I have actually only bought 1 comic and that was from here, but on ebay a guy was selling a comic I wanted to get. 100% feedback and a lot of it. It was a BIN listing. I messaged him first to ask how he would ship it. He told me and instead of asking for another way I just decided I should keep my money. I have read so many horror stories here I feel like I would have to know how someone ships before I buy, so I don't have to deal with the shlt you are dealing with. I ship decent as you know, but I'm even surprised at how only a couple here ever even asked how I ship when they buy from me the first time.

To assume a comic seller with high feedback would pack correctly, isn't a bad assumption at all. You shouldn't have to ask, but it seems as if the only solution is to just ask every time you buy from someone new.

The no returns thing sucks too.