• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is NINJAK worth it?

22 posts in this topic

In an effort to complete my Valiant set, I picked up a run of Ninjak. I tried to read the first 2 issues... man they were bad. Some decent art, but completely unreadable. frown.gifsorry.gif Hard to believe these came from the same company that put out some of the best comics of the era.

Is it worth plodding on, or should I just file 'em all?

I seem to recall a Ninjak special (maybe a "yearbook"?) that was pretty solid with art by Bryan Hitch.

"What if James Bond was also a costumed ninja?" not one of Valiant's shining moments.

Hated Ninjak, but loved Quesada's art. If you're a Valiant completist, at least the run wasn't very long.

That seems to be the consensus. I was taken aback at how bad the first couple of issues were... especially after enjoying X-O, Solar, Eternal Warrior and Harbinger so much. Even The Second Life of Doctor Mirage wasn't a bad read. shocked.gif

Well, tonite I'll stare at the covers for a while, then file 'em away. Life's too short to waste time reading bad comics. Especially when I have long boxes of good ones I haven't read yet. cloud9.gif

Hated Ninjak, but loved Quesada's art. If you're a Valiant completist, at least the run wasn't very long.

That seems to be the consensus. I was taken aback at how bad the first couple of issues were... especially after enjoying X-O, Solar, Eternal Warrior and Harbinger so much. Even The Second Life of Doctor Mirage wasn't a bad read. shocked.gif

Well, tonite I'll stare at the covers for a while, then file 'em away. Life's too short to waste time reading bad comics. Especially when I have long boxes of good ones I haven't read yet. cloud9.gif

gossip.gif don't forget to look for the hidden message on issue 2's cover...

Ninjak arrived in late-1993... after Bloodshot, Turok, Secret Weapons, and Dr. Mirage.

Some might say the "downhill slide" was in full effect for Valiant by then...

then again, Ninjak was leaps and bounds ahead of Ninjak volume two (Acclaim).

thumbsup2.gif

In general, 1993-94 books have the "stigma" of being "too little, too late",

but I will gladly pay mitol $3 --- no, make that $4 --- for the one he showed above. grin.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

That's just a rumor.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...and that's just a coincidence that the water ripples

formed an "E" between two other normal ripple shapes.

grin.gif

Picture?

What hidden?

That was blatant

I know, that rock formation with the flowing water looks suspiciously like a SKULL!! insane.gif

My understanding of the back story on the S E X in the water was that Joe Q. was fired for it, but he wanted it that way for some reason (another job offer, not getting enough work or something, I forget). Anyway, that's about as interesting as Ninjak gets unfortunately.