• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade on this Conan #1?

48 posts in this topic

OK, as I am bored with not contributing positively to the boards, here's a copy of Conan 1 that I will be submitting soon. What's your prediction? Main wear is in the bindery area and the top back cover wear seen in the scan! frown.gif

Conan1%20-%20Front.JPG

Conan1%20-%20Back.JPG

I think this is a prime example that just falls between the 9.2 and 9.4 mark (more based on your description than the scan)... I guess it all depends on the graders that day....purty book though ! cool.gif

Pfft! Haters! I have seen this book in person and will take all bets that it gets at least a 9.6. I'm serious, if anybody wants to bet me $50 just let me know.

PS - Greggy's right - you wouldn't grade your own collections that tough! frown.gif

Dan

PS, further thoughts on the Conan 1... when, in an earlier thread, I stated it was a likely 9.8 I hadn't yet seen the slight bump on the back cover. This will probably knock it down to a 9.6 in my opinion. However, those of you that say 9.2 please go duck your heads in a bucket of water. Like I said, I've seen this book in person and it has dazzling eye appeal.

I am still taking bets. Still backing up 9.6 with $50 a shot. C'mon haters grin.gif

Yo, the loss in value on that book from a potential 9.6 to lower is not worth a friggin $50! Not some POS modern we are talking about here! wink.gif