• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just the usual dodgy dealings

37 posts in this topic

I've asked him the following question:

"Hi - is this one of the two copies with free gifts that you have listed on your website or a different copy?

Cheers"

:applause:

Anybody like to guess what the reply was?

My guess would be...

Couldn't give a toss, mate.

Regards anyway, Daryl.

Or some variation on this basic theme.

But this is just a wild guess.

"Hi - is this one of the two copies with free gifts that you have listed on your website or a different copy?

Cheers"

Was it "This is one from my private collection. The two listed in the online store have recently sold and are being packaged for delivery as we speak."

Something like that maybe?

Cheers"

Was it "This is one from my private collection. The two listed in the online store have recently sold and are being packaged for delivery as we speak."

Something like that maybe?

This! (thumbs u

Cheers"

My guess would be...

Couldn't give a toss, mate.

Regards anyway, Daryl.

Or some variation on this basic theme.

But this is just a wild guess.

lol^^

The man is a tool.

Why do people still frequent his business? Always plenty of interest at the Marts.

He is a callous businessman and never a comic fan. He just noticed there was money to be made in the late 80's and we've been stuck with him ever since.

Tosspot.

Cheers"

:popcorn:

"Hi Yes it is but obviously due to the price increase i will not be able to honour the website price as it is out of date and will be updated soon.Regards Darryl"

Cheers"

"Hi Yes it is but obviously due to the price increase i will not be able to honour the website price as it is out of date and will be updated soon.Regards Darryl"

Sounds about right for him.

Cheers"

Obviously.

And as soon as he gets around to updating the price on the website (definitely before the end of the month), he'll look into scheduling a meeting to decide whether to contact the guy who paid for it last week to let him know.

The man is a tool.

Why do people still frequent his business? Always plenty of interest at the Marts.

He is a callous businessman and never a comic fan. He just noticed there was money to be made in the late 80's and we've been stuck with him ever since.

Tosspot.

+ loads and well said :applause:

Cheers"

It's certainly not an isolated incident, it's just his policy to back out of deals that he doesn't want to complete.

How the heIl does someone who does business like that have *52661 feedback and 100% positive?

Rubes who do not know any better leaving positives for vf- books sold as nm...

I have had several collectors I met at comic marts describe them as nice people and were satisfied with their grading. :facepalm: I feel quite sorry that they can't see through the act.

Well, I've just noticed that my CC has been refunded. With no communication from Silveracre.

As I said originally, this was no big deal. I saw a book in an online store at a price at which I figured I could make a healthy flip. Nothing noble about that, and nothing wrong with it either.

Silveracre realised the book was hot and felt it 'obvious' that in such a situation a seller would decline the order and look to capitalise on the current hotness.

I still don't care. I figured it was 90% likely that would happen when I placed the order.

But what I DO care about is that Silveracre never found the time to send me a simple "Sorry, your order has been cancelled because (insert whatever crappy reason you like here)" email.

He does himself no favours does he? Anyway, that's the end of that. It'll be interesting to see if he manages to get a good price in the end!

I had this happen to me but the book wasn't that expensive just really hard to find. I added two other books that I needed and could have gotten elsewhere but figured I would save on shipping. Well, the htf book was refunded but the guy sent the other two priced moderns. No email asking if I still wanted the order filled. Just a notice from paypal that I got a partial refund.

Ordered from him again last week. Almost same deal, htf book but I was smart and didn't pad the order to save on shipping. This time though I had to contact him for a refund. Great now I am done with him. It is hard because he is one of the few sites that selling animated cartoon comics.