• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Spawn 1 (Learning to grade High Grade books)

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I usually have a pretty hard time differentiating in the 9 range, and was hoping you guys would like to help me out lol

This book isn't really worth much, but it is in pretty good condition so... why not lol

Scans

Front

SpawnFrontCover_zpsc31ddc6b.jpg

Back

SpawnBackCover_zps2c5be6c1.jpg

I have an idea as to what the grade might be but I'd rather shut my yap and let you all see and come to a conclusion for yourself.

Thanks!

P.S. if you right click, and copy image url, paste it into your browser you should be able to zoom a bit more.

I would say 9.6 (caveat: I am grading on an iPad). I would say 9.6 based on the only visible defect I can see is a very light spine tick about 2cm above the bottom staple. The corners are sharp, no marks and none of that spine rub you see on lots of these books. But maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

I would say 9.6 (caveat: I am grading on an iPad). I would say 9.6 based on the only visible defect I can see is a very light spine tick about 2cm above the bottom staple. The corners are sharp, no marks and none of that spine rub you see on lots of these books. But maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

This is the only flaw I saw as well.

As for marks below both staples, definitely none there. Just pulled out the book. Where exactly do you think that you see marks? Maybe I'm just not catching it.

From the 1 in the price box, move up the spine, just before the black turns blue there appear to be 2 spine ticks as well. And there's some dirt on the BC spine near the word Youngblood. 9.4 with a chance at 9.6.