• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM NYCCON find SGT FURY #13

10 posts in this topic

Ok I've had several of these over the years and this one has the brightest cleanest cover I've ever seen in my hands

The only issue I can see is two piece of tap on the cover apparently for no reason (no tears rips seems only for some re enforcement) My understanding is CGC will not consider it restoration and will grade the book on it's merits

Off-White to White.

Staples firmly attached centered on the centerfold

No rips tears

Remember I have this set to 150% magnified much higher then your normal eyes

241s0ox.jpg

25s4lyx.jpg

sevyuc.jpg

2ep0k2h.jpg

what is the verdit Mister's Mason?

thanks in advance

Is that an aftermarket staple? Looks like it isn't oeiginal. It appears to have holes for two seperate staples on the top section. Between that and the tape I don't see this getting a 6.0.

5.0. Great looking book for the grade, but tape kills, imo.

Although it presents nicely, I think the tape is too obtrusive, so I think it would downgrade at least of 1 or 1.5 units, making it a F- 5.5 at best.

I have a golden age book incredibly nice with tape all along the spine, and I don’t think it would be more than 4.5/5.0.

hehe...I have little doubt I am way off here. Are you submitting the book? I am guessing yes and if so, let us know what the result is (thumbs u

this is a toughie to guess since there aren't any past examples to refer with.