• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Octoberfest 2012 Sales Thread, high grade Gold to Bronze many just back from CGC

148 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. Its been a while since I've had a sales thread on the Boards, and I find myself with over 100+ slabs I'd like to move. Many are recent submissions, just back from CGC. Some are books that I purchased that no longer fit a particular niche in my collection. This thread will run the gamut, from rare and HTF golden age books, to nice Silver and Bronze offerings. I'll even have a Copper thread in the appropriate forum that I'll tie in at some point this week.

In fact, I'm going to be listing approx 20-25 books a night, starting tonight. I'll try to organize it by Ages, so you don't have to sit through a couple dozen bronze offerings if you're only after GA. Here is the schedule I've come up with:

Sunday: Bronze Age

Monday: Silver Age

Tuesday: Bronze Age

Wednesday: Golden Age

Thursday: Copper Age (likely in another Forum)

The rules are as follows:

- Money orders & checks are preferred. Paypal is okay too.

- Postage will be a flat $10 for one book, and I can generally get up to four slabs in a flat rate box for $13. Insurance will be required on items over $200, and is the buyer's responsibility.

- All books that I know to have been pressed will be marked with a (*)

- Time payments are possible on some books, but I prefer for a couple of days to have passed before I agree to any terms. PM me for details.

- I will ship to Canada or England, but that's about it for international stuff, unless I know you and/or you are willing to pay for a trackable method like Fedex.

- Might be interested in trade, especially for high grade Schomburg covers or high grade Atlas war books.

For right now, I'm going to pick out a little five book "sampler" of what you can expect this week....the rest will be listed tonight, probably starting around 9pm EST.

Amazing Spider-Man # 252 (CGC 9.6 OW/W)(*) $100 :news:SOLD! Technically Copper, but close enough. This came from a large storage unit collection I purchased earlier this year. Books were basically bought new and put away from 1976-1986. Book was professionally pressed prior to submission.

ASm252cgc96b_zpsfb722faa.jpg

Marvel Two In One Annual # 2 (CGC 9.4 OW/W)(*) $100 Thanos appearance. Popular book since the Avengers movie. From the same unread collection that the ASM came out of. Lots of Thanos appearances to come in the following days. This book was professionally pressed prior to submission.

MTIOAnnual2cgc94_zps506eb2c3.jpg

World's Finest Comics # 170 (CGC 9.4 White) $185 If anyone still wonders why the Rocky Mountains are so sought after, take a look at this book. Its absolutely wonderful, with a freshness that makes you wonder if it was really printed yesterday, and not nearly 50 years ago.

WorldsFinest170cgc94_zpsbcf2cad5.jpg

Captain America Comics # 78 (CGC 7.0 OW/W)(*) $1,600 In my humble opinion, this book is still so very much under appreciated. It is not only the final issue of one of the most important titles of the GA, but it is also Cap's final appearance in the Golden Age. This is one of the two copies that came out of the Williamsport Collection, and one of only 13 in 7.0 or better. Considering that comparable copies of Avengers # 4, a far more common book, have sold in the same price range, I think this book still has some room to grow. This book was professionally pressed prior to submission.

CaptainAmerica78CGC70_zps96210398.jpg

Okay, so that concludes the sampler portion of this thread. The real fun begins tonight.

Also, if someone wants to buy something and have me deliver it to them at the Tampa Bay Comic Con next weekend, it won't be a problem. (thumbs u

Amazing Spider-Man # 252 (CGC 9.6 OW/W)(*) $100 Technically Copper, but close enough. This came from a large storage unit collection I purchased earlier this year. Books were basically bought new and put away from 1976-1986. Book was professionally pressed prior to submission.

ASm252cgc96b_zpsfb722faa.jpg

:takeit: any pal'o'George is a pal'o'mine!

Captain America Comics # 78 (CGC 7.0 OW/W)(*) $1,600 In my humble opinion, this book is still so very much under appreciated. It is not only the final issue of one of the most important titles of the GA, but it is also Cap's final appearance in the Golden Age. This is one of the two copies that came out of the Williamsport Collection, and one of only 13 in 7.0 or better. Considering that comparable copies of Avengers # 4, a far more common book, have sold in the same price range, I think this book still has some room to grow. This book was professionally pressed prior to submission.

CaptainAmerica78CGC70_zps96210398.jpg

I love this book.

Marvel Two In One Annual # 2 (CGC 9.4 OW/W)(*) $100 Thanos appearance. Popular book since the Avengers movie. From the same unread collection that the ASM came out of. Lots of Thanos appearances to come in the following days. This book was professionally pressed prior to submission.

MTIOAnnual2cgc94_zps506eb2c3.jpg

Sweet book!! I've been looking for a nice copy.... hm

I know I'm competing with the Walking Dead tonight, but alas, the show must go on. So, without further adieu....

X-Men # 138 (CGC 9.8 OW)(*) $75 Originates from the same storage collection as many of the other Bronze/Copper books I'm offering up tonight.

XMen138cgc98_zpscb5cc6c7.jpg