• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Octoberfest 2012 Sales Thread, high grade Gold to Bronze many just back from CGC

148 posts in this topic

Battle # 1 (CGC 7.0 CRM/OW)(*) $375 Very HTF First issue of one of the longest running Atlas war titles. Only two copies graded by CGC ever, and this outpaces the Crippen 5.0 by two full grades. Highest graded copy, and probably will be for a long time. If you are a hardcore Atlas war nut, this is the book for you.

Battle1cgc70_zpsfc9240a4.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics # 63 (CGC 2.5 OW)(*) $675 On Hold! Classic Hitler and henchmen cover. I was really bummed to find this book was coming back with a detached cover. I suppose I could've sent it back with a piece of tape holding the cover to the book, but that's a practice I just can't agree with. I'm hoping this book goes to a good home and stays the way it is (i.e, NO TAPE). A 2.5 sold back in 2009 for $500, so I don't think my price is so wacky, especially since it would fetch closer to $900+ as a VG (which is how it presents). Either way, I won't be sad if I have to keep it.

MMC63cgc25_zpsccfafa94.jpg

Black Terror # 17 (CGC 8.5 OW) $400

BlackTerror17cgc85_zps799cd7ef.jpg

....maybe I'm jaded, but it amazes me that something like this can be had for less than 500 bucks. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

America's Best Comics # 16 (CGC 9.0 OW/W) $1,250 Very tough book to find in high grade. Late war Schomburg cover. Tied with the Mile High copy for the highest graded spot, however, from looking at the Heritage archives the MH copy seems to have some insect chew at both of the front cover corners, making this one the clearly nicer copy structurally.

AmericasBest16CGC90OWW_zpscacfaa5b.jpg

Strange Tales # 1 (CGC 8.5 OW Restored) $1,250 I'd hate to think what a Universal 8.5 would fetch if it ever came to market....$8K? $10k? This one has had some minor work (and some really unnecessary trimming) and is probably the most solid Strange Tales 1 you'll ever come across for the price.

StrangeTales1cgc85_zps13969357.jpg