• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Octoberfest 2012 Sales Thread, high grade Gold to Bronze many just back from CGC

148 posts in this topic

Real Clue Crime Stories v3 # 12, and v4 # 9 (CGC 8.5 White & 9.0 OW/W) $250 for the pair. Both of these books are from the Cape Cod collection. They were purchased together, and have spent most of their existences together, and really should remain a matched pair. Pedigree siblings should never be seperated. (tsk)

RealClue12cgc90_zpsbb751657.jpg

RealClue9cgc85_zps62beed14.jpg

Strange Tales # 1 (CGC 8.5 OW Restored) $1,250 I'd hate to think what a Universal 8.5 would fetch if it ever came to market....$8K? $10k? This one has had some minor work (and some really unnecessary trimming) and is probably the most solid Strange Tales 1 you'll ever come across for the price.

StrangeTales1cgc85_zps13969357.jpg

I hoped that there would be something like this, I just wanted it to be about a 4/5.5 :cry:

Strange Tales # 1 (CGC 8.5 OW Restored) $1,250 I'd hate to think what a Universal 8.5 would fetch if it ever came to market....$8K? $10k? This one has had some minor work (and some really unnecessary trimming) and is probably the most solid Strange Tales 1 you'll ever come across for the price.

I hoped that there would be something like this, I just wanted it to be about a 4/5.5 :cry:

Check GPA, a 5.0 sold last year for $1,350...it would actually cost you more, and not look nearly as nice.

Check GPA, a 5.0 sold last year for $1,350...it would actually cost you more, and not look nearly as nice.

Not if it was restored

Well that about wraps it up for tonight. I had a few more GA goodies, but since I'm pretty close to hitting my sales goal for the thread, I think I can ease off the throttle a bit and take a few of the books "off the table" for now.

One, however, that I will make available from the Vault:

Rangers Comics # 27 (CGC 9.0 OW)(*) $1,250 First off, this is a classic Fiction House cover if ever there was one. Scantily clad, bound blonde damsel, about to be burned alive by Japanese soldiers. This copy trails a single 9.4 (which I am assuming is the Church copy) as the single 2nd highest graded copy. You'll unlikely find a nicer one, if GGA Fiction House goodness is your thing. Price may seem a little nutty, but it would likely go for more if I sent it to C-link.

Rangers27cgc90_zps0b41551d.jpg

I need to think about this, probably sleep on it and hope it sells by morning.

......you should get this one, Kev. You're more collector than investor and you will quickly get used to the "work".....especially if you deslab it. Don't let the influence of other people's neurotic values cost you an AWESOME book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wow. Nice book. :applause:

A DiceX sighting outside of General! :o

My Spidey Sense was tingling.

Maybe that was something else tingling.

Either way, that's a damn nice book. I wish I had the money to drop on it. (worship)

......you should get this one, Kev. You're more collector than investor and you will quickly get used to the "work".....especially if you deslab it. Don't let the influence of other people's neurotic values cost you an AWESOME book. GOD BLESS....

Jimbo, I agree that this book is begging to be released from its plastic prison. That was going to be my plan for it had I decided to keep it.

You are right, I am a collector, I dont care about the value and I dont care about the resto ( I already have a few key books that have resto )

I just spent up on a Batman #27 & a JLA #1 is all.

The grade, hence price is too high for me. :(

Jimbo, I agree that this book is begging to be released from its plastic prison. That was going to be my plan for it had I decided to keep it.

......I used to be anti resto for years.....and then I decided to actually look at a couple for myself. I only own a few.....but the price was always great and they've quickly become some of my favorites. I would walk on top of 5.0 copies to get that one 2c GOD BLESS....

You are right, I am a collector, I dont care about the value and I dont care about the resto ( I already have a few key books that have resto )

Time payments are always an option, provided they are for a reasonable amount of time.

+1

Time payments are always an option, provided they are for a reasonable amount of time.

With my disposable income to spend, is 15-20 years reasonable? lol

Man, all these books are so nice!

I much prefer to buy nicer looking restored copies of books I want to keep.

Awesome sales thread. I wish I had had snapped up that cap 78. I have been thinking about it constantly.

.....a couple weeks from now, George will wish he hadn't sold it :baiting: GOD BLESS...

I much prefer to buy nicer looking restored copies of books I want to keep.

Awesome sales thread. I wish I had had snapped up that cap 78. I have been thinking about it constantly.

.....a couple weeks from now, George will wish he hadn't sold it :baiting: GOD BLESS...

Thankfully, I have the highest graded (8.5) copy to console me.