• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst resubmitt result you have ever achieved?

97 posts in this topic

I resubbed an FF #6

It was a 9.0 Old Label - The new grade was an 8.0

I called and :censored: out whoever was in charge. I dont remember who it was at the time.

I was told "I'll tell ya what, I can bump it to an 8.5, but I cant give it a 9.0" - Never even looked at the book!

So its hard to tell how honest the grades are. I've sent in 8.5's that came back 9.2's. and Ive sent in 9.4's that came back 9.0's.

When getting grades were free, there were numerous times Ive gotten the 3 grades - 9.0, 9.2, 9.4 - How is that possible!!

Ive found its a gamble, and It depends on the day

I resubbed an FF #6

I called and :censored: out whoever was in charge. I dont remember who it was at the time.

I was told "I'll tell ya what, I can bump it to an 8.5, but I cant give it a 9.0" - Never even looked at the book!

So its hard to tell how honest the grades are. I've sent in 8.5's that came back 9.2's. and Ive sent in 9.4's that came back 9.0's.

When getting grades were free, there were numerous times Ive gotten the 3 grades - 9.0, 9.2, 9.4 - How is that possible!!

???

Seriously????

Free?

I resubbed an FF #6

???

Seriously????

Free?

Absolutely TRUE re: the phone call

And I meant when you could CALL and get the grader notes

Sometimes resubmissions work very well.

This AF15 went from a 4.5 to a 5.5 and then finally to a 6.0.

lf-3.jpg

1-39.jpg

AP1097488008.jpg

Do you know what work was done between submissions?

This was SpiderTurtle's book.

I don't know what was done between submissions, if anything.

Ask Sufunk.

I am intrigued. I hope he chimes in.

I had a 9.2 Avengers 4 that looked like a VERY good resub candidate. Joey pressed out a few non cb dings but it to a 9.0 on the resub like a year ago. I tried again a couple months ago and AGAIN it dropped, this time from 9.0 to 8.5 meh

Did it look like the book was possibly damaged at all in route to CGC either time? Or do the resub fairies just really really hate Avengers #4? :)

So gonna try to press and resub it again? I can't see this not coming back higher if it wasn't damaged in shipping at some point.

No.

They went on and on about how the back upper staple has all this damage coming off it that hammered the grade. For the life of me, I can't see what they are talking about???

One of these days, I will tell the whole story about what happened after the 8.5 but I'm pretty sure the boards will implode once I drop that bomb hm

And yes, I am DEFINITELY going to try for an 8.0 eventually (thumbs u

I am now highly interested in how they responded. I understand if you don't want to post publicly about it though. If you want to PM a short version I am highly curious now in how poorly they handled this situation.

How could CGC handle the situation wrong? He pressed the book and took the risk of regrading. It didn't work in his favor.

Then pressed it again and tried again with the same risk. Again, it came back lower.

Play the press, crack game and you may lose. It's not CGC's fault. Anything can happen along the way. The book being released from the slab could have had damage, the press could have caused something, shipping it again to CGC could have caused a problem. Any number of issues could occur when playing the CPR game.

Blaming CGC for your greed isn't appropriate. Especially, spouting public accusations about CGC without providing the details is wrong also.

Sufunk played the game and lost. End of story.

Not entirely true. The second submission was a straight resub. No press. I hand carried the book to Chicago and gave it to CGC to grade again.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Not knocking your work Joey in anyway. But truth is we are talking about delicate items and anything can happen to impact the grade including human judgement on that given day.

It's gambling. My opinion is sufunk was greedy and went for the 9.4. Trying again was :screwy:

I would have been quite happy with that 9.2

It was a darn nice 9.2 too

But was it CVA darn nice certified?

Ask Sufunk.

I am intrigued. I hope he chimes in.

I had a 9.2 Avengers 4 that looked like a VERY good resub candidate. Joey pressed out a few non cb dings but it to a 9.0 on the resub like a year ago. I tried again a couple months ago and AGAIN it dropped, this time from 9.0 to 8.5 meh

Did it look like the book was possibly damaged at all in route to CGC either time? Or do the resub fairies just really really hate Avengers #4? :)

So gonna try to press and resub it again? I can't see this not coming back higher if it wasn't damaged in shipping at some point.

No.

They went on and on about how the back upper staple has all this damage coming off it that hammered the grade. For the life of me, I can't see what they are talking about???

One of these days, I will tell the whole story about what happened after the 8.5 but I'm pretty sure the boards will implode once I drop that bomb hm

And yes, I am DEFINITELY going to try for an 8.0 eventually (thumbs u

I am now highly interested in how they responded. I understand if you don't want to post publicly about it though. If you want to PM a short version I am highly curious now in how poorly they handled this situation.

How could CGC handle the situation wrong? He pressed the book and took the risk of regrading. It didn't work in his favor.

Then pressed it again and tried again with the same risk. Again, it came back lower.

Play the press, crack game and you may lose. It's not CGC's fault. Anything can happen along the way. The book being released from the slab could have had damage, the press could have caused something, shipping it again to CGC could have caused a problem. Any number of issues could occur when playing the CPR game.

Blaming CGC for your greed isn't appropriate. Especially, spouting public accusations about CGC without providing the details is wrong also.

Sufunk played the game and lost. End of story.

Not entirely true. The second submission was a straight resub. No press. I hand carried the book to Chicago and gave it to CGC to grade again.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Not knocking your work Joey in anyway. But truth is we are talking about delicate items and anything can happen to impact the grade including human judgement on that given day.

It's gambling. My opinion is sufunk was greedy and went for the 9.4. Trying again was :screwy:

I would have been quite happy with that 9.2

It was a darn nice 9.2 too

But was it CVA darn nice certified?

Good to see ya around here buddy,tired of RSG book yet? :wishluck:

You know i'm keeping money aside just for when you are ready to sell. :foryou: