• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new fourth party grading system....CVA Comics

207 posts in this topic

They set up for the first time at NYCC. The fourth party approval business started with coins a few years ago and has really made a market for certain coins. I had expected this to start with comics as CGC is not perfect. Im sure they will see a great deal of resistance to start, but I think time will tell if they are able to make a mark for themselves on the market.

I imagine this will pertain mostly to Golden, silver and some bronze age collectors.

http://www.cvacomics.com/

Ankur

Well CGC is considered third party grading, so this would be fourth party.

And I dont think their service only states that a book is eye appealing it tells you that a book is properly graded.

I haven't followed the evolution of CGC, but have they been known to overgrade certain books/series?

And I dont think their service only states that a book is eye appealing it tells you that a book is properly graded.

I haven't followed the evolution of CGC, but have they been known to overgrade certain books/series?

So essentially one would pay money to get a subjective opinion as to the validity of a previously given subjective opinion?

Sounds..... :screwy:

That's just all kinds of wrong.

smiley_nah.gif

Hey Rocky how's it going,you must be in a good mood.Your emoticons seem much happier than other days.

lol

Watch out.

If you start sentences with "Hey Rocky," we're gonna start callin' you Bullwinkle instead of Oakland. :baiting:

smiley_nah.gif

Hey Rocky how's it going,you must be in a good mood.Your emoticons seem much happier than other days.

Watch out.

If you start sentences with "Hey Rocky," we're gonna start callin' you Bullwinkle instead of Oakland. :baiting:

lol

rocky_and_bullwinkle.jpg

I haven't followed the evolution of CGC, but have they been known to overgrade certain books/series most books they receive?

(thumbs u

I would love to sell something to RMA and see if the entire paypal process and shipping information is also provided using emoticons and hieroglyphics.