• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sell your Walking Dead books now! *hopefully no spoilers but you never know*

225 posts in this topic

It reminded me of 'Thriller'

You mean the most successful music video of all time that cost over $500,000 to produce in 1983, was directed by John Landis and featured makeup effects by 7 time Oscar Award winner Rick Baker?

That Thriller?

Yes, and this was scary in 1922.

Nosferatu4.jpg

What's your point?

That the examples you are using are only successful in proving your premise incorrect.

Was that unclear?

It seemed clear.

I used two examples of hugely popular 'horror' images, that in their day were the best of the best. I don't think this television show measures up, I was trying to be ironic.

Rick Baker's makeup effects from Thriller hold up very well today.

The only thing that's really changed in special effects in the interim period was in the field of CGI. No one expects CGI (or much of it) in a Zombie show.

So the irony attempt falls short in a field that doesn't change methods a great deal (makeup effects) over the years, and your example of dated is one of the very best who has every worked in the field.

OP threads like these are why we all know you were not loved enough by your mother growing up and that she must have dropped you on your head a few times.

Quit trolling you turd. WD is gonna do nothing but get more popular this season, and if you thought this episode was horrible than might I recommend you quit watching. Maybe go and turn on TLC for some Honey Boo Boo, that seems to fit ya better.

So many people think The Walking Dead bubble is going to burst, I wanted to be in on the first floor.

I'd love it to burst. I'd like a 9.8 copy for a sane price.

in your opinion what would be a sane price? Right now it's truly ridiculous.

$400, tops. Utilize your spell check.

OP threads like these are why we all know you were not loved enough by your mother growing up and that she must have dropped you on your head a few times.

Quit trolling you turd. WD is gonna do nothing but get more popular this season, and if you thought this episode was horrible than might I recommend you quit watching. Maybe go and turn on TLC for some Honey Boo Boo, that seems to fit ya better.

You're a peach, aren't you.

So many people think The Walking Dead bubble is going to burst, I wanted to be in on the first floor.

I'd love it to burst. I'd like a 9.8 copy for a sane price.

in your opinion what would be a sane price? Right now it's truly ridiculous.

$400, tops. Utilize your spell check.

ugh, on my phone :facepalm: I'll turn auto-correct back on.

You are a for creating this troll thread, aren't you.

You are a for creating this troll thread, aren't you.

Now this may not help at all, but what exactly is a troll thread my peach?

My 2c on this episode.

The first 55 minutes were pretty slow.

I was a little disappointed that it was only a normal length episode, wasn't the season premire for season 2 an extended episode?

I knew exactly what was going on in the last 5 minutes because I had read the comics, there was no surpises there, even though the story line had been changed up significantly. That said it was still a good scene and I enjoyed it.

There were a few other little things I didn't like but overall I thought it was a good episode but not a great season premiere.

In any event I think the season will be good and I expect there to be at a minimum 2 more seasons after this one. I talk to people that are getting into the show, catching up on season 1 and 2, and looking forward to season 3 all the time who don't follow the comic or knew about the show until recently.

OP is misinformed.

However, I too would like issues to come back to a realistic level. The modern comic market is very scary at the moment. Moderns don't have the print runs that books had in the 90s, but the DO have many printing variations, that In my opinion only have been saturating the market with unhealthy speculation.

No offense to those collectors, but do you really need both a first printing AND a second printing of the issue that has a slightly different cover scheme? How about a third, and fourth, and fifth, and sixth? To fill the gaps in your collection? I just don't understand.

Me thinks the OP would like to drive prices down so he can buy them cheaper. :idea:
I've already got um :gossip: Though they don't have Dr. Balls approval yet.

One could always use MORE! :grin:

More Balls?

lol