• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone read Talon?

39 posts in this topic

i gave up halfway through #1

Why? 'Cuz it had nothing to do with # 0? That was a little annoying on my end. Second, his return to the city prompted by the demise of the Court followed by his wanting to turn tail because of a possible threat from the group made my head ??? as he was depicted quite ruthless and strong-willed in the # 0 issue. I am sticking with it but I will watch it carefully. Hate when a new book is already on the watch-to-drop list ...

Your opinion, McCoy?

I'll need to go back and re-read it. I remember thinking it was a little cliched, but decent enough for me to want to read more of the series.

If I remember right, I got the impression he didn't want to fight the person sent to get him. As if he was trying to stay off the radar, or, and this might be reading into it way too much (or more likely, completely misremembering), I figured he was still protecting someone he rescued in issue 0. As in, "I'm heading to Gotham, but I need to stay a shadow to protect those who look up to me for protection."

Talon is awesome. My third favourite title that DC puts out currently in the superhero genre.

From another thread I posted in:

The costume is not great at all. Infact the costume Talon wears at the very start of issue 1 is much much better then the one he is given at the end.

If you can get past how sucky the costume is, like I have, you will find that Talon is a very enjoyable title.

What Snyder is doing well is that even though Talon is in Gotham, so far, he has focused on the Court of Owls and Talon's quest. He has left Batman and his allies and villains well alone, I think that shows the strength of the title IMO.

As I've said before, if anyone was a fan of the late 90s Nightwing series, you WILL enjoy Talon.

Yeah. Completely agree. Aside from his costume the rest of the art work is great. Storyline really engaging.

The badass he's battling at the moment is unreal. Great to see a new villain that is creepy, a little bit scary and also likeable. Unless that's just me!