• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Hype . Walking dead 1 , IM 55 vs ASM 5 and FF 5

58 posts in this topic

Ok I have wanted to do a lil' look at what $1,000 gets you on the hype bad guy books lately as I have been kinda cranky about the insanity of afew books. (see wd ...)

So here we go ..

WD 1:

90 day average of a 9.6 is $1,000 ... 355 graded at a 9.6 . 455 better .810 total

IM 55 Thanos book ...

$1,000 gets you a 9.4 .....101 graded... 100 better ..200 total ...not bad .

ASM 5 Doom app

$1,000 buys you a 7.5 ..72 graded...145 better ...217 total....

FF 5 first doom

$1,000 gets you a 5.0

74 graded ... 260 better .... 334 total ..

amazing 14 first goblin

7.5 for 1k

135 graded ...403 better ....538 total ...

Hulk 181 wolvie (my fav lol)

1k gets you an 8.5 ..

487 graded .. 1500 better ... 1987 total

now I am sure you have other examples of the above on "superhero" / badguy books but isnt it just common scence to buy a FF 5 ,asm 14 vs a Walking dead 1 from 2003 ? I would guess there are far less asm / FF silver age heading to CGC than WD 1's ?

Even the IM 55 looks to be a better deal even though it was almost free afew years ago...

Anyways just venting and taking a look..

Thoughts ?

isnt it just common scence to buy a FF 5 ,asm 14 vs a Walking dead 1 from 2003 ?

Your Answer.

dont get me wrong.. I like the series and I like reading the books..

But what happens in 5 years once the series is "gone"...

Is the book still worth $1,000 ?

also by that theory the Avengers movie did $623,357,910 in box office sales..

Because of avengers 2 shouldnt IM 55 be worth way way more ?

But what happens in 5 years once the series is "gone"...

Is the book still worth $1,000 ?

5 years? Seriously?

A lot can happen in 5 years. We could all be dead in 5 years. Today's societies are going through some massive upheaval.

I just want to make it past Dec. 2012.

fair comment ... Zombie invaders even ....

Apples to oranges.

Are 15-20 million people all tuning in at the same time on a weekly basis? And the number is growing each season. This is a weekly global event now.

I suspect movie talks after season 3.

totally agree ..

But is that where you spend your comic book $1,000 ?

I am saying no ....

Apples to oranges.

Are 15-20 million people all tuning in at the same time on a weekly basis? And the number is growing each season. This is a weekly global event now.

totally agree ..

I am saying no ....

Not me... not you.... but some of those 15-20 million will. You know, the with wealth.

Apples to oranges.

totally agree ..

I am saying no ....

Not me... not you.... but some of those 15-20 million will. You know, the with wealth.

well I guess we agree on that ..

My point is the those people who are buying the book are in for a rude awakining according to the data above ...Unless it is another Hulk 181 which I believe is the exception you would be better off putting your "investment" $s in other books...Because thats what the WD 1 is now. you can buy a trade if you want to read it for $15 as you can an ASM 5.....

Just seems the economics of the book is bound to fail..

Ok I have wanted to do a lil' look at what $1,000 gets you on the hype bad guy books lately as I have been kinda cranky about the insanity of afew books. (see wd ...)

So here we go ..

WD 1:

90 day average of a 9.6 is $1,000 ... 355 graded at a 9.6 . 455 better .810 total

IM 55 Thanos book ...

$1,000 gets you a 9.4 .....101 graded... 100 better ..200 total ...not bad .

ASM 5 Doom app

$1,000 buys you a 7.5 ..72 graded...145 better ...217 total....

FF 5 first doom

$1,000 gets you a 5.0

74 graded ... 260 better .... 334 total ..

amazing 14 first goblin

7.5 for 1k

135 graded ...403 better ....538 total ...

Hulk 181 wolvie (my fav lol)

1k gets you an 8.5 ..

487 graded .. 1500 better ... 1987 total

now I am sure you have other examples of the above on "superhero" / badguy books but isnt it just common scence to buy a FF 5 ,asm 14 vs a Walking dead 1 from 2003 ? I would guess there are far less asm / FF silver age heading to CGC than WD 1's ?

Even the IM 55 looks to be a better deal even though it was almost free afew years ago...

Anyways just venting and taking a look..

Thoughts ?

I agree.

I see good value in the hulk 180 9.4-9.8 range. Given it is the true 1st apperance and 9.6's can be had for around 1000 or less.

Gee Fantastic Thor,you are going to have a cow when I tell you that a 9.8 sold for $2,780 and a 9.9 for $7,200.....

WD 1 is a freak and nobody knows how it will end (or not). It's unfair to compare it to any book to ever exist. Those who don't own a copy continue to hate. The fact it was under everyone's radar for years is a hard pill for many to swallow.

WD 1 is a freak and nobody knows how it will end (or not). It's unfair to compare it to any book to ever exist. Those who don't own a copy continue to hate. The fact it was under everyone's radar for years is a hard pill for many to swallow.

If I owned a copy I'd drop it like a hot potato!

Don't know where it will end but if it was possible to short comic books, I'd be investing heavily in the prospect of a WD crash. Just reminds me of Valiant-mania.