• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Books Are Selling Like Hotcakes

38 posts in this topic

At least they are according to the latest seller newsletter I received from eBay. meh

Here's what eBay had to say:

Comic books are selling like hotcakes!

Comic sellers—demand in this category is really growing! If you have merchandise that will fit in Graded Inventory, Golden Age, Silver Age, Modern Age, Horror and SciFi and Figurines categories—as well as Graphic Novels and Trade Paper Backs subcategories—now would be a great time to list!

With the rapid rise of the "gluten free" movement I wonder if this is a positive or negative statement. hm

I haven't bought hotcakes since General Mills abandoned continuity. The last one I bought was The Uncanny Aunt Jemima. Couldn't handle the awful Humberto Ramos artwork. Man am I glad I don't buy modern hotcakes. doh!

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe they try to say

that some sellers are Flipping the books

to get monetary gain...[/font]

;)

I was wondering if hotcakes can be pressed.
hm wouldn't that make them waffles?

With the rapid rise of the "gluten free" movement I wonder if this is a positive or negative statement. hm

+1

Do hotcakes sell all that well?

Great. Ebay promoting to people that don't normally sell comic books to go through their junk drawers, pull them out and sell them because people are buying them in droves.

:P

I would have liked to have been alive in a time when hotcakes were selling so well we coined phrases about their success. What a beautiful, simple time......

"Tried to get some hotcakes this morning"

- "How'd it go?"

"Sold out again."

- "Figures."

I would have liked to have been alive in a time when hotcakes were selling so well we coined phrases about their success. What a beautiful, simple time......

"Tried to get some hotcakes this morning"

- "How'd it go?"

"Sold out again."

- "Figures."

SELL LIKE HOT CAKES - "Hot cakes cooked in bear grease or pork lard were popular from earliest times in America. First made of cornmeal, the griddle cakes or pancakes were of course best when served piping hot and were often sold at church benefits, fairs, and other functions. So popular were they that by the beginning of the 19th century 'to sell like hot cakes' was a familiar expression for anything that sold very quickly effortlessly, and in quantity." From "Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins" by Robert Hendrickson (Facts on File, New York, 1997)

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe they try to say

that some sellers are Flipping the books

to get monetary gain...[/font]

;)

I was wondering if hotcakes can be pressed.
hm wouldn't that make them waffles?

Nope, it would make them bhooks.