• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Books Are Selling Like Hotcakes

38 posts in this topic

I think this may be a reaction to a drop in comic book sales.

I've noticed over the last several months that the supply of SA and BA keys in all the auction houses has dropped significantly. Anyone else notice this, or see it in other areas?

I've been speculating as to the cause. I guess it's possible that a glut of books were sold prior to all the movie releases. (shrug)

Comic books are selling like hotcakes!

With the rapid rise of the "gluten free" movement I wonder if this is a positive or negative statement. hm

bear grease. :cloud9:

lol

Cornmeal is a gluten-free food, but now often gets contaminated with wheat while being processed in the same factory.

So, the old school cornmeal hotcakes made with bear or pig fat could've been edible for those of us who are gluten intolerant. (thumbs u Pity they would be artery-clogging instead, though. Can't win. :(:facepalm:

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe they try to say

that some sellers are Flipping the books

to get monetary gain...[/font]

;)

I was wondering if hotcakes can be pressed.
hm wouldn't that make them waffles?

Nope, it would make them bhooks.

lol

I've noticed over the last several months that the supply of SA and BA keys in all the auction houses has dropped significantly. Anyone else notice this, or see it in other areas?

I've been speculating as to the cause. I guess it's possible that a glut of books were sold prior to all the movie releases. (shrug)

thought the same thing as I went thru this weeks HA offerings...

I also wonder if the market sellers know that this time of year is "down" so listing in auction houses will likely lead to lower realized $$s, so sellers are holding their books, or listing them on ebay at prices they want to get, vs in pure auctions.

thought the same thing as I went thru this weeks HA offerings...

I also wonder if the market sellers know that this time of year is "down" so listing in auction houses will likely lead to lower realized $$s, so sellers are holding their books, or listing them on ebay at prices they want to get, vs in pure auctions.

Could be. But in prior years I don't remember seeing such a drop, so I ruled out seasonal effects. Maybe sellers are waiting for the bunker busters to take out Iranian nuclear facilities. :)

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe they try to say

that some sellers are Flipping the books

to get monetary gain...[/font]

;)

I was wondering if hotcakes can be pressed.
hm wouldn't that make them waffles?

I was about to make the same bad joke. (worship)

I will never understand the hate that people have for eBay. Many of my slabs have come from there and as a buyer it offers me protection that I am not afforded in many other venues.