• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2012 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up

799 posts in this topic

curious about something and thought id see what everyone else does. do you tell the person who you are or do you go the secret santa route?

I wrap the gifts that are inside the shipping box and include a card to be opened at the same time on Christmas (or appropriate holiday). So they have no idea who I am until they open everything at which time the card will reveal my true identity. :shy:

curious about something and thought id see what everyone else does. do you tell the person who you are or do you go the secret santa route?

I wrap the gifts that are inside the shipping box and include a card to be opened at the same time on Christmas (or appropriate holiday). So they have no idea who I am until they open everything at which time the card will reveal my true identity. :shy:

I do this exactly!

Holliday-Gift-Exchange-2012.gif

I could never understand why Woman Woman would steal that little sleeping kid's gift.

"A shortbox of GA Wonder Woman comics?!" *SWIPE*

My secret santa recipient has excellent taste. It's been a pleasure shopping for them. (thumbs u Waiting for one more item then I can get my gift package sent.

I suck - next year I am going to be more specific. Didn't realise it makes things harder for the person who gets you to say "Uh... I don't really mind what I get".

Fortunately, the person I am buying for was much more helpful - they'll be getting a transAtlantic package of goodess in the next week or so...

I suck - next year I am going to be more specific. Didn't realise it makes things harder for the person who gets you to say "Uh... I don't really mind what I get".

Fortunately, the person I am buying for was much more helpful - they'll be getting a transAtlantic package of goodess in the next week or so...

I think a list that's too specific is like saying, "Here, get me this." Christmas isn't about giving a wish list. It's more about being in the spirit. So I like to make my list be specific but completely open ended. Give a genre or a favorite story/writer/artist and see what comes of it. But that's just me. As a giver, I like to have some room to be creative.

i just tried to ship my gift with amazon. going direct to the boardie cause their is no reason to send it twice. amazon is asking me for the recievers phone number incase there are problems. is this normal or could it be because im shipping from canada to the states?