• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wally Pfister hates The Avengers

13 posts in this topic

In a chat with the Sarasota Herald Tribune, Pfister said, "What’s really important is storytelling. None of it matters if it doesn’t support the story. I thought The Avengers was an appalling film. They’d shoot from some odd angle and I’d think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling.”

source ign

He's right of course, but who cares? The Avengers is a bit of comic book fun, not an attempt at cinematic art. The plot was a mess, but I don't care because Iron Man battled Thor, and Thor battled Hulk, and Hulk swung Loki around like a ragdoll.

I liked those enormous flying mechanical lamprays that tooled around Manhattan without ever really doing anything threatening other than look really scary.

They seemed nice.

I liked those enormous flying mechanical lamprays that tooled around Manhattan without ever really doing anything threatening other than look really scary.

They seemed nice.

I liked it when Banner hulked up and punched one in the face.

They seemed nice.

It's great when Hulk gets smashy.

They seemed nice.

:headbang:

They seemed nice.

:headbang:

lol

Reminded me of Shaun of the Dead:

"Well they were a bit... bitey."