• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Team-Up #1 CGC 9.4 on ebay

11 posts in this topic

yeah, I even have two g.a. 7.0's that make me way happier than any off center higher grade copies I've seen offered. Including file copies. What can I say, I'm a centering freak. I'll take date stamps, spine creases and tan pages over poor centering. BTW what is it officially called when the back page is evenly printed over onto the front page or visa versa?

Dan.

I don't know guys... maybe not this copy at $700, but if it was nicely centered, a solid 9.4 and White... $700's right on in my book. Not that everyone agrees with my purchases smirk.gif ... but I happily paid $725 for my nicely centered 9.4 White and had no problem selling my 9.4 oww for close to that.

This is the type of book you may have to go the extra yard to get in grade... or never have one above the more available grade (9.2).

Not many 9.4 and above's graded...10% of the submitted total... which is not a bad return for the total, but I figure the best of the best copies were sent in and there were not many that were decent candidates anyway. We'd see higher submission numbers on this issue if they were out there... there's enough people looking for one judging from solid 9.2 pursuit. Has anyone ever found a solid NM candidate? You'd think Greg if anyone, but even he has not had luck.

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 2 ... both in the collections of mega collectors

Near Mint + 9.6 2 ... at least one in a "permanent" collection

Near Mint 9.4 6 ... at least (3) in "permanent" collections

(by "permanent" collections.. I mean they are not leaving anytime soon. I've tried to track down and pry 2 away... no go)

The Heritage copy is at $600 with bp

Sometimes, with the more scare titles/issues, you have to consider overlooking non-perfect centering... as hard as it may be (for me too). That way you at least have one for the time being, and are loaded (with immediate capital) to go after the next one if its the one you really are looking for. Often you can sell the copy you want to unload to the guy that lost to you. If you end up having to pay a bit more to get the better one, chances are you can... because you can rationalize spending the extra $ because the copy you bought probably appreciated a bit in the time you've waited for the better copy to present itself.... just my 2 cents. It has worked for me pretty well.

9.4's are defintely rare. grin.gif

-MTU #1

9.8:_________(1.67%)_____(2 of 120)

9.6:_________(1.67%)_____(2 of 120)

9.4:_________(5.0%)______(6 of 120)

Very small percentage broke the 9.4 barrier. shocked.gif