• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWSARAMA Has First 14 Pages Of Ultimate Nightmare Posted Online

43 posts in this topic

The complete storylines also become less memorable and more difficult to recall given how their impact is stretched out over so many issues and over so long a time period (if you're reading books on a monthly basis instead of in TPB format or all at once, you will undoubtedly start to forget by the end of a story arc what happened at the beginning of it).

I absolutely agree. I picked up Hulk #73 a couple of days ago. It was Part 3 of four part storyline. I couldn't for the life of me remember what happened in the first two issues but did know I enjoyed them. Had to browse through the prior issues before sitting down to read #73. And this isn't an isolated incident. In fact the only current title I can readily recall the prior issue on a monthly basis is Fantastic Four.

And on another note, I recently started to pick up Uncanny X-Men again after a long hiatus because of Claremont and Davis. After the first two issues, nothing really has happened other than a mutant suicide and I'm still not completely sure what the hell is going on. Xavier is mentioned a couple of times but no explanation of where he's gone. And is that Betsy playing the telepath in Cerebro central? I've read the X-Men on and off for over two decades and if I'm little lost, I can imagine the confusion new readers will have. 893frustrated.gif

Jim